Drums crits

EnjoiTrent

Official Knob Turner
Mar 20, 2013
https://soundcloud.com/glacier-recording-studio/drums-demo
I posted this but I guess it didn't go through or something, I'm not sure.
I just want some crits on these drums, been working on the tones for a while and I was wondering what you guys think.
List of samples
Kick 10
Fat Tom 2 and 3
Snare 10, Snare 5, and the Chango FOP snare blended
Cymbals are from the Ascend Cymbal pack and the Screaming Simple cymbal pack (Drummer had three chinas, wtf)

I don't really like that kick drum :/ but that's probably because i don't like SSD, but the snare is cool. Mess around with tunings, tunings and ATT or SUS in Kontakt to get a more natural sounds snare hit.

I heard your blend of the for kick and the black and gold kick ut I've always felt weird about blending kicks so I've never done it. I do admit kick 10 lacks some of what i want but its the closest that i have atm

I always use two kick samples, I wouldn't worry about blending kicks if you're already blending snares... blending snares always seemed harder to me that blending kicks to be honest. I don't like kick 10 alone, I normally like blending it with the black kick. I know jdolese1226 and me could probably have a chango vs SSD fist fight at this point :rofl:DD

I find it easier to blend snares than kicks, personally haha. I mean, I know I need to do stuff to the kick but I can never seem to get it right so I gave up on trying to blend them. I'll probably go back to it later haha.

Not much point in critiquing your drums until they're sitting in a whole mix. You could play around with drum sounds forever until you get the exact sound you want but I guarantee it'll sound much different once you drop it into a mix with the rest of the instruments.

I always use two kick samples, I wouldn't worry about blending kicks if you're already blending snares... blending snares always seemed harder to me that blending kicks to be honest. I don't like kick 10 alone, I normally like blending it with the black kick. I know jdolese1226 and me could probably have a chango vs SSD fist fight at this point :rofl:DD

Haha hey man, bring it.

The Full Strings section. Then the Waves JJP Strings plugin to get the tone right