Drums: Programming vs. The Real Deal

Valid point. I think my issue doesn't lie with the audience though...it's more trying to do the right thing and keep drummers happy.

Of course... That's why I take the video of a drummer from the rehearsals and then program every fill and rhythm he does, including the accents and whatnot...

That's where I'm coming from too, I'd rather, for heavier styles of music, use an e-kit and mic real cymbals over having to deal with acoustic drums that I want to eliminate and replace anyway. I mean, who cares if the drummer is comfortable with it? A lot of guitar players aren't comfortable with doubling or quadrupling their takes... but I guess that is ok? How about getting vocalists to double their tracks up too? None of which happens in a live situation so why the fuck do drummers get the sympathy? Fuck 'em. :lol:

I agree totally!
Especially for recording demos it's the easiest way to obtain a decent drum sound without too much hassle...

Of course... That's why I take the video of a drummer from the rehearsals and then program every fill and rhythm he does, including the accents and whatnot...

I agree totally!
Especially for recording demos it's the easiest way to obtain a decent drum sound without too much hassle...

It's way easier to quantize MIDI drums too. Beat Detective for PT is the only real option for quantizing acoustic drums (all other methods I've seen in other DAWs assumes that you want to quantize 100%).