DT Forum Members (and their messed up relationships)

@samarkol: Sad to hear about your ex-girlfriend. :s And I'm happy to see that you've found a new girlfriend and a relationship that'll last for a longer period of time. :)

Poor "choice" of song right now maybe... (See Now Playing below)

We all must die, and maybe when we see that people around us die we think that it will happen to us too sooner or later...it's like those things...only when you "see" it you realize that it's real and not so far

Was going to write something very personal here because of the current situation, but I decided against it. Not that you're evil people here, not at all. But I just got here. Don't know you very well and I'm not ready to reveal my innermost thoughts and desires to you. Not yet. I only speak about these things with my very closest friends and sometimes not even them. Pardon me for taking up space with this post...

Don't worry, we (i think i can talk for everybody here) understand, it's not easy to talk about our personal things, especially if they hurt again. You can decide to talk about it later if you want, or not at all.
Personally i have no problem with talking about my stories here, but i have also some thoughts that i still don't want to share with anybody (except for a friend, only one). :)

Originally posted by Sunjammer
Was going to write something very personal here because of the current situation, but I decided against it. Not that you're evil people here, not at all. But I just got here. Don't know you very well and I'm not ready to reveal my innermost thoughts and desires to you. Not yet. I only speak about these things with my very closest friends and sometimes not even them. Pardon me for taking up space with this post...

I don't want to force you by any mean, but just listen to this...

I find it really easier to share something very personnal to complete strangers that are not in my face than sharing it to my best friend which is near me. It won't for sure produce the same positive effect, as your friend is much more closer to you (emotionnaly), but for the same reason it won't produce any negative effect if the answer is not very kind.

I have not shared many things with my friends (not the closest one...), but I have shared a lot of thing in this thread, just because I know it won't affect me by any way in the future.

Anyway, it's up to you man.

Samarkol

Well i've been absent from this thread for quite a while, and still haven't read many many posts (and i honestly don't intend to for a while yet)..

@Sun: Well, nobody's pushing you, it's all up to you, if you post some people will read it and offer their support, if not it's perfectly ok too. Post when you feel ready :)

Siren (will never be ready..)

One thing I've learned (just a few days ago actually) about really tough relationships... When things are hard on a girl, and they have gone through alot, she will create barriers.

It's basically up to you whether you want to go through her defense mechanism, and go through alot of stuff to try to break into her world and eventually understand her.

I've gone through alot of crap and I was getting ready to throw our friendship out the window. But I wanted to understand why she was treating me a certain way. And through problems questions are often answered.

So my advice of the day is: the way to make tough relationships work is to understand them.
Once I realized and started understanding things about my friends past, things started to make sense to me. And our relationship is getting a little better.

@Charlie: Good "advice of the day"... maybe for some kind of relationships. I use to understand rapidly the attitudes and behaviors relating them to the past. And that lets me to comprehend the reason why, but doesn't give me an exit in the labyrinth. I mean, the fact of assimilation give us more patience and clues to solve the problem, but then starts the real fight, without more than your patience and clues, and often a hard way to go through.

In my case, I'm so bothered of hang around forgiving the ppl's faults due to my understanding capabilities. Some of them should pay for their faults anyway, even when unavoidable reasons drove them to the sin.

|ng (In lack of patience lately)

I used to be extremely forgiving once, but not any longer. I've grown very tired of people abusing friendships and whatnot. Sure, everyone deserves a second chance (depending on what they've done, of course), but I used to forgive as soon as I heard a "sorry". I also found out that I was the one taking the harder punch for taking them back as they did the same thing over and over again. No more...

I know what you mean Sunjammer, I've been a few people's emotional punching bags at one time or another...
My decision was why should I make myself feel bad for what other people had done...yes, it is good to be forgiving and to give people another chance, but a line has to be drawn, which I can see you have done, which is a good thing :)
Sorry, not really adding anything new, just adding my vocal support :D

Thats great! It defenatly needed two posts too :)
icon14.gif