DT Forum Members (and their messed up relationships)

@Dark_Jester: If mouse can't travel to England (though it'd be nice and do her good if it happened), why don't _you_ go to Canada? :p :p :p

@mouse: I'll second what Dark Jsester told you about you being friendly and sweet :) (and you can be sure i have no second purposes :D ). And mind you, i don't say good things about women easily ;)

im not a huge poster, but did read this thread out of curiousity. its put a whole new light on everyone, and i feel in my short time and limited postings here get to know you all better.

its nice to hear im not alone in how i approach things, and how i view the world, and the feelings i get arent completely out of whack.

i also see that you guys (and girls) respect each other, and i am glad the board functions in such a way.

i do however currently dont have the time to post my feelings/rants at the moment.. but i will.. i would like to share my emotions and how i have perceived my relationships.

i do not have any words of wisdom for any individual, but if ever sad, or depressed, words that have always gotten me through, are.. its always greener on the other side.. and u never know.. u mite just get there..

speak to yas soon

@steelmatrix: Yep, there's another thread where it all started, we met ppl to share our feelings, thoughts or simply our pov with, and that's what we're doing. We are tr00, but with some inner senses. You're welcome, a new world bring us fresh air to keep on walking!

@Final_Vision: Somehow I know you're not feeling that well. :D Do tell us, we're friends, aren't we? If a fuckin' catalan robot can keep the faith when living in the ass of the world, why you cannot do the same? Keep on believing!!!

|ngenius (He's suffering too, but trying to go on!!)

ah you know me too well catalan...tho it might have something to do with being on irc last night ;) (btw many thanks to nick for listening to me whine :p ) i prolly shouldnt have deleted that post last night but it felt way to whiney and "angst-y" for me. Maybe ill write it another day, and I apprecaite the words of sentiment catalan, to have people such as you who understand me a bit better than most feels great....why does everyone live so far :cry:

F_V (struggeling through the darkness)

@Final_Vision: Even if I did not read your post before it was deleted, I hope you feel better soon...

*sigh* I also wish the board members lived closer to me, too... you people are great.

@Siren: Thank you. :) You are very kind. :)

@Dark_Jester: Thank you also. :) You seem like a sweet person from the bit I have talked to you... As for going to my corner of this world, there is little to see out here, so I don't recommend it... The answer to why I can't travel is a somewhat strange and gloomy one... that is all I can say... but if you are truly curious, I will tell you.

@Sean, I dont think it was whining. You are frustrated and wanted to talk to someone. I just happened to be there to listen, dont worry about it Sean, it will get much better, life always gets better, jsut read my last post.

Nick

Originally posted by Charlie E.
Very true. I almost wish I still lived in Spain. From my experience, girls there aren't very complex. I went from going out with the most simple girl in Spain, to falling for the most complex girl I've ever met in Miami.

Ehm I can't tell about spanish girl- btw italian girls can be complex or not, like any other place in the world.

Well, I'll unveil the great secret for you: spanish girls could be complex or not. But if you're living in Miami, I can easily understand why you're wishing to come back to Spain. :D

|ng (who doesn't trust in women's intelligence)

To the gentleman who claimed to be pressured into having sex within the first 2 weeks (sorry, I'm not good with names), I know what it's like. It's just the same, if not worse, here in the States. It seems that everyone thinks that if a man declines casual sex, he is supposed to be gay. I think this is horrible, as it adds to the hordes of mindless, ignorant fools that are so tragically ever-present. I feel the same way as you do. I thinks it's not something that should just be thrown around. As for any sort of stories, I will not post them here, as I am most likely the youngest member of this board and everyone would just think me melodramatic in my reaction, description, and moreover, just the overal nature of my experiences.

Originally posted by Ibsen
As for any sort of stories, I will not post them here, as I am most likely the youngest member of this board and everyone would just think me melodramatic in my reaction, description, and moreover, just the overal nature of my experiences.

You're not so young, just 1 year younger than me!
And don't be afraid to be melodramatic, this thread is made for our sad/happy/melodramatic stories! :)

I'm going to pitch in with my story... I'm only 16, so don't be too hard on me for being melodramatic and having the wrong ideals.

Well... I met my first and so far only love in my grade 11 health class last year. It was a senior class and, being a juniour, I was the youngest person in there. I entered the class with a really bad outlook and was scared out of my mind. The only person sitting in the class was this BEAUTIFUL grunge-goth girl who smiled at me as soon as I entered the room. She was 18 and I was mesmerized by her right away. We became friends quickly seeing as how we were the only atheists in a class full of devout Christians and we had TONS of fun teaming up during the many debates and arguments we had during class. The teacher separated us many times but we always managed to find a way to sit beside one another.

Winter vacation rolled around and I had the guts to ask her over to my house and out to a movie. She came over and we were watching TV together when she unexpectedly put her arms around me and nuzzled into me... it felt strange for me being as how it was my first relationship and I was younger. Our relationship progressed and got more and more physical, but never sexual, to the point where my girlfriend was begging me to have sex. I wasn't ready... emotionally, mentally or physically (no condoms). She wasn't a virgin and I was the poor little inexperienced fool... we drifted apart gradually and her true nature came through (drama queen). The girl I thought I was in love with and would love forever turned out to be a shallow bitch who took advantage of my youthful ignorance.

I'm still completely infatuated with her regardless of her true identity... we broke up over 8 months ago after dating for only 4, yet I can't stop dreaming about her, thinking about her. Everything I breath is her! She still calls me sometimes in what seems like an attempt to keep me dangling from her string. I've cried myself to sleep before after seeing her walking down the street with her tall, punkish 23 year old boyfriend. I always blame myself for the failure of our relationship... I've tried moving on, but I have too much emotional baggage... can anybody give me some tips?? I'd give more details if necessary, but I've rambled on for hours before about this, so I'm trying to keep this short... anyways... thanks for listening!

By the way, I can thank my breakup and depression afterwards for helping me to discover and love the music of the great band Katatonia... their lyrics describe my depression perfectly...

@golgotha85: I am very sorry. I am not good with advice; but here's my opinion. I think you probably will stop being infatuated with her eventually... it just takes time. Also don't let her "keep you on a string" and hoping... cut off contact with her, if you can. If she acted the way she did she does not deserve you, and you can do much better.

Listening to music is probably good... I remember getting into Down and later David Gray when I was depressed. Writing about how you feel (whether in a journal, throught poetry, or another method) may help too.

This is only my opinion and I'm not good with advice... so take it for what it's worth...
I wish the best for you during your difficult time...

Keeping busy is the only way to try to take your mind off things. Write music, listen to music, work out, join a martial art, go out with friends (movies/dinner etc).
The more you do with your life, the less time you get to think about things, and thinking too much can be harmful, especially in a breakup stage.

It's kind of sad to say I can't share any of my 'failed' relationships, right now tho I am feeling rather shallow and worthless, wondering why I bother going on.
The only hope of any kind of relationship is to get the hell out of this village, if this place has a future, it sure as hell doesn't have me in it.
Unfortunately keeping busy doesn't help me, everything I do reminds me of how much I wanna leave this place.

This song is a pretty good description of how I feel.

When She's Mute

Although the world would call me free
Each day the more her slave am I
For in her very way to be
There's I don't know what
I don't know why

Already from the day we met
Was my freedom mortal shot
She's but a girl as they, and yet
There's something more, I don't know what

No matter what we speak or do
The moments in sweet silence fly
For somehow there is music, too
When she is mute, I don't know why

So likely to my dying day
To follow her will be my lot
For in her sweet and candid way
There's I don't know why
I don't know what

Ah Golgotha we as men all fall in love with someone we cant have (and this also happens to woman, but mostly men), it sucks, I know the feeling, and seeing her with some asshole punk cant be good for you (I hate punks with a passion). You are deepy infatuated with this person, and you might even be in love with her, but you cant blame yourself for the failed relationship, its not your fault that shes shallow and a drama queen, its a good thing your relationship didnt last longer with her, you prob saved yourself alot more pain. Losing people sucks, and losing someone your falling in love with definently sucks, but there will be more woman. Your young, you have time, you'll find someone who has more depth than your basic sponge.

Nick(Im here to TRY to help)

NP - Down - Dog Tired

Wow... this has turned out to be pretty complex. I'll probably stop posting on this simply because I was gone for a week and catching up on all of the stories will take too much time, but I just wanted to mention one or two more things.

@Ibsen... Don't worry about the melodrama and such, man... we all include some to a certain extent. I mean... hell... look at my posts on here...I started the thread and I essentially defined melodrama in about 5 posts. I started this so that everyone could share and support each other (sounds lamer than I meant it...), and so people could get to know the true characters behind the avatars... as for being the youngest, yeah, I can understand how that can be hard, but the chances of anyone here making a derogatory comment about any of your story is slim/none... we simply don't work that way. And as for the 'youth' aspect of your experiences, I for one share your problem... I'm 18 in NY, and the gf I talked about at the beginning was the first relationship of any kind I had ever had more than 'friend' level, so its not as if you're alone in this.

~Kovenant84 (missed way too much while away...)

Thank you for your support everybody... it is sometimes odd how the support and (dare I say) affection of complete strangers can be more comforting than that of my closest friends and family. It is nice for once to hear from people who have gone through the same problem and can deal with it with sympathy rather than with anger (such as my parents who constantly tell me "Get over that bitch! You're stupid to have fallen in love with her! She's an ugly whore!" :cry: ). Thanks again everybody and may I talk to you all in the future... I'm usually somewhere over on the Katatonia board so if anybody ever wants to see what I'm up to haha... :p