Oct 10, 2001
safe but not far from the city
from the official site:

---

Hi all,

The band has began working with director Roger Johansson on a video clip
for the song "Lost to apathy", which will be the first single from the
upcoming album. While it's too early to reveal any details, the end
result promises to be a very different and unique piece of mayhem.

On the the live front, a gig in Istanbul is now confirmed for the 9th of
October.

For those of you hungry for some D.T. swag, please note that some of the
shirt designs sold on the summer festivals now are available from
www.art-worx.de.

Some minor site updates have also taken place; mainly a couple of new
live photos and a tattoo credit correction.

/D.T.

---

finally some good news

nice. :)

I wonder how we´re supposed to interpret "first single", though. it´s not exactly like dt singles have been released on "every album" basis, or at all, earlier...

i suppose it just doesn't rule out the possibility that there will be further singles for this new album. though i think it's mostly formulaic and it has no hidden meaning.

rahvin: you´re most probably right about not reading too much into it. it was a pleasant surprise indeed, anyway.

So, does anyone know if there'll be any EP or so before the official album release? Will there be an mp3 download like monochromatic stains 2 years ago? Or anything else?

I remember downloading this song shortly after it was uploaded to the official page and listening to it 4 or 5 times in a row... I was happy for one week or even longer, because I knew they had done great damage (read: work) once again.

So, this was my happiest moment ever... :)

Schwedentod said:
So, does anyone know if there'll be any EP or so before the official album release?
the single for the song lost to apathy, as per this thread's title. it's an ep, and the release won't be limited to just the aforementioned track, so i think everyone will be quite satisfied.

Will there be an mp3 download like monochromatic stains 2 years ago?
highly likely. century media will probably put something up before either the single or the album is released.

That's great news.

rahvin said:
the single for the song lost to apathy, as per this thread's title. it's an ep, and the release won't be limited to just the aforementioned track, so i think everyone will be quite satisfied.
This gives us a possible solution to the ever-present problem of obligatory Japanese bonus-tracks - give us the single/EP with a couple of "b-sides" (just like Enter Suicidal Angels back in 1996) and just throw those songs in for the Japanese edition of the CD. Everyone would be happy, right?

I'd really hate to start hunting for the Japanese edition this time or waiting another 15 years for "Exposures - part 2" for a rare song or two. Not that I wouldn't do it, I'd just hate it.

-Villain

i don't know about the japanese edition (nothing is probably decided yet), but the material on the ep will be quite exclusive. so, no album tracks except for lost to apathy and not just live versions of past songs.

rahvin said:

I recognized the title but I just wondered because Century Media never released any DT-Single or EP. Talked to a CM-Promoter yesterday who told me that the new album will probably out the end of January (not really some news but... I dont't know, just wanted to tell everyone that it's now a range of only some weeks...)