Dubstep Recommendations

cobhc

Amiga Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2003
Nottingham, England.
Ok guys really getting into Dubstep at the moment. I love guys like Crissy Criss, Caspa, and I really love Skrillex. Anyone got any recommendations for other DJ's along the lines of those mentioned?

For anyone seeing this as a strange shift of musical taste for me, I've still been a fan of Rap/Hip Hop, Drum and Bass, etc. while I've been into my Metal, it's just taken more of a back seat, but since I got a sub, it's coming back into my life again.

Thanks guys :D

Thanks for the recommendation, nice bassline, but it's a bit too tame beat wise, a bit boring imo.

The shit I like is like this song when it kicks in.

Last edited by a moderator:
excision
flinch
mnt eden
skism
flux pavillion
bare noize
noisia

there are so many more, it's just ridiculous!

Big Chocolate all the way:

And I like The Widdler, too. Not sure if anyone mentioned him.

I'm not a dubstep fan...not even close actually... but I really liked this song (maybe too melodic for your tastes?):

Also this is a very cool video featuring this song.

Any, it's all just wobble and shit synth melodies

....while I don't like dubstep, I have to respect the quality of the work. Skrillex in particular is some amazingly mixed stuff. Check a high quality version on decent monitors and you'll see. INcredible low end, perfect mids, and smooth non abrasive top end.

not really dubstep, but I catch myself listening to deadmau5 alot.

http://youtu.be/YnwfTHpnGLY?hd=1

not really dubstep, but I catch myself listening to deadmau5 alot.
Trust me dude I've listened to it a shitload.
I was at school when the whole thing blew up about 3-4 years ago, fucking everyone listens to it.

My mate actually works for deadmau5' management.
He set this up after I showed him EMT (which I found on this very forum! Butterfly effect in motion :lol:)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKJgcEgvx4U&feature=player_profilepage[/ame]

So I get a lot of exposure to this stuff, and it's even more generic that metal most of the time.

here's a few, hope you like some of them:

hearing them at a club at least once kinda changes how you'll hear them though. the trolley snatcha is fucking mental when a dj drops it

It is man, it's like the deathcore thing, just shitloads of people doing exactly the same things.

why do you keep posting in this thread if you hate it and don't get it?

however ...in the silly amounts of garbage there are the few kings among the rubbish!

this is true though. there's an infinite amount of absolutely shit dubstep out there, even moderately successful. but i might think so mostly because i like the heavier stuff that some people probably wouldn't even call dubstep (don't care about what those people say though)