DUDE... has anyone nesides me checked this one out?

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
The new God Forbid "Gone Forever" cd is absolutely kickfuckingass!!

The production is amazing, the vocals are incredible and there are a few cool guest appearances. Excellent artwork and layout. Definitely in the Top 5 of the year so far. And I just got through selling all of their cds from collection recently!

This is gonna be sick live.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I was just about to post this same thread!

The new God Forbid is fricken sicken!!! I haven't even bothered to see who the quest appearances are yet. I was listening to this while lifting weights a couple nights ago, and I just about had to stop lifting it was so damn good. After I got my attention back on the iron, it turned out to be excellent weight lifting music.

'Gone Forever' is a hugh improvement over their previous stuff. These guys are really coming along. I agree that this is top 5 material (so far) for 2004. I'll review it soon.

Hmm, Evil C's reviewing this one but I think I might have a promo laying about somewhere. I'll have to dig it out now! I guess it was the press description of this sounding like a cross between Killswitch Engage and Hatebreed that had me accidentally on purpose use it as a beer coaster. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
Hmm, Evil C's reviewing this one but I think I might have a promo laying about somewhere. I'll have to dig it out now! I guess it was the press description of this sounding like a cross between Killswitch Engage and Hatebreed that had me accidentally on purpose use it as a beer coaster. :loco:

This album basically redefines the genre, if anything it sounds like a pure wet dream of metal.

I can't get over how good and completely surprising (agreed with nate) this cd is to me.

Yeah listening to it now ("Force-Fed"). Totally different to the f'ing press release - this first track sounds like melo-death with Ammot brothers gone grim. A lot more dark & technical than I thought it would be. :heh:

"Antihero" just kicked in - this album has some cool chops! The drummer rules too.

See, I was talking about this album when it first came out, but no one believed me, nooooo..

Agreed, definitely top 5 album. and this coming from the guy who actually owns a button up god forbid dickies workshirt. these guys definitely deserve their long fought for success...

evil c.

I agree and people who try to categorize these guys as nu-metal just because their lead vocalist has dreads should be penetrated in the ass by the whole band...

notman said:
See, I was talking about this album when it first came out, but no one believed me, nooooo..

Agreed, definitely top 5 album. and this coming from the guy who actually owns a button up god forbid dickies workshirt. .

I would expect this from the guy who actually owns a buttonup God Forbid dickies workskirt... oops, I mean shirt. :D

Fanboy. :loco:

Nah, that just means they'll play 1 Evergrey song, and 1 song that Evergrey wants to hear (which will most likely be Iced Earth since the tour's about to begin), and then 1 hour & 45 minutes of crap.

Well, before everyone starts a circle jerk, I agree that it's a nice surprise that this turned out better than the PR release description, but if you're sick & tired of the melo-death-thrash genre then it might not appeal as much.

Having said that, it is better than average, and likewise I can't compare to their previous efforts. Based on some of the posts here, it sounds like this is a radical departure from their older sound....?