Has everyine checked out tad Morose ?

I'm just getting into this band and I'm sure glad I did. Planning to pick up all the above mentioned cd's.
Please do me a favor:

Could someone tell me who is who in this picture? Thanks!
tm6.jpg

I'd never heard of them before the PP5 lineup was announced. I ordered both "Modus Vivendi" and "Matters of the Dark". "Modus Vivendi" is pretty pretty good, I hope they play quite a bit from it live. But I just can't get into "Matters of the Dark", it just doesn't anything for me; the title track in particular has a monotonous and annoying chorus. I haven't decided if I'm going to get any of the other CD's or not.

"Undead" and "Matters of the Dark" are both fine power metal albums. It's a great style of power metal that lacks the bombast that plagues so much of the genre and replaces it with aggression. "Modus Vivendi", however, is one of the most boring albums I've ever heard. Total "buzzkill".

AMBR said:
I'm just getting into this band and I'm sure glad I did. Planning to pick up all the above mentioned cd's.
Please do me a favor:

Could someone tell me who is who in this picture? Thanks!
tm6.jpg
From left to right:

Daniel Olsson - guitar
Urban Breed - vocals
Peter Moren - drums
Anders Modd- bass
Krister "Krunt" Andersson -guitar

Anne Marie !! Wasup ? If you get their last two releases, you will probably get most of their setlist. "Modus Vivendi" is their latest and "Matters of the Dark" the previous, but I know about a week ago, the release previous to MotD, "Undead" was 5$ at The End Records as well. Don't know if it is still there or not.

Bryant

Hey, Bryant! How's it going? Sure am looking forward to PP5. Perhaps we'll hook up again. Thanks for helping me identify the band members. So far I have "Modus Vivendi" in the cd player and "Matters of the Dark" on order. Checked out The End Records and they've got two not mentioned:
"Leaving the Past Behind"
and
"Reflections"
but not the other one. Ever hear anything of those two?

Just checked CD INZANE and they have them all.

AMBR said:
Hey, Bryant! How's it going? Sure am looking forward to PP5. Perhaps we'll hook up again. Thanks for helping me identify the band members. So far I have "Modus Vivendi" in the cd player and "Matters of the Dark" on order. Checked out The End Records and they've got two not mentioned:
and
"Reflections"

No I am fairly new to this band and only have the last three. They had a different lineup and different style before though. Supposedly they were a dark progressive band before the vocalist Urban Beed arrived. As you know (well at least to a small degree) I lean more toward prog than power, but if they sounded any better than they do on MV, my poor brain couldn't take it. I heard that "A Mended Rhyme" is one of their best from the old line-up but I really don't know and can only go by what I have read from others.
Same ol' same ol' at PP. You're a cool girl and I hope we can hang out once again. This year my party won't be a flop. I was in the wrong motel last year. Ha ha ha........ I'll probably wear my 36 Bettis Steeler jersey Thursday this year because I will again be meeting up with new people. Maybe Cindy and the brother and sister (can't remember their name) will be there this year as well. I'll try to have all of my bodyparts together this year as well. Having a broke leg pretty much sucked at a show sucked. At least I was able to stand, but after six weeks of laying on the couch and my first week of putting weight on my leg was at freaking prog power............ man I was one worn out puppy !!!

Bryant

AMBR said:
and
"Reflections"

A Mended Rhyme is the best one from everything I have heard by them, check out "Time of no sun" off that album, it is very prog. :headbang:

In my opinion, A Mended Rhyme is the transition album...and it sounds like it. It was the first with Urban Breed, so he hadn't fully made his mark yet. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good album, but I think each album marks a big leap in TM's maturity as a band. Modus Vivendi is their highest point on a still-upward trend (again, my opinion). I think they sound much better as a straight power band (sometimes the keyboards sounded like an afterthought on Rhyme).

But, I guess it's all to personal taste...
:Smokin:

BUMP!
For anyone who hasn't already checked out this band or is hesitant to do so, I am telling you...for your own good check them out NOW! Otherwise you'll be sorry when you see them live and go "wow, I wish I would have checked them out before!" Yes...they are THAT good! :D

So Century Media only has sound clips from their (Tad Morose's) 3 most recent albums. All of which I own and love. Being that I lean towards the power side of metal, I am hesitant to pick up any of their previous cds without hearing any samples. Does anyone know if there are any samples of their earlier cds online anywhere?

If not, what kind of Prog is their earlier material? I love some bands that are considered progressive (like Symphony X, Pagan's Mind, Nightwish, Adagio, Angra/Shaman, Wuthering Heights, etc...) but dislike others ( like Dream Theater, POS, Ark, Conception, Threshold, etc...). Can some one be more descriptive than just labeling their early material as Prog?

Thanks

I think it makes good sense to call "A Mended Rhyme" a transition album. Sort of how Colony and Clayman were In Flames transition albums. That's why those are my favorite from them. Bact to TM though, I havn't heard anything before a mended rhyme, but the song "Time of no Sun" is very prog. I guess you could give it a conception-type prog categorization. The rest of the album light power metal not too much, but good though. The title track is my second favorite song. I will probably pick up "Sender of Thoughts" at Progpower, I hear it's real good too. I will have to check out "Modus Vivendi", I havn't heard too much of it yet.

Hi All...
im not really gonna go to the festival but I must say U are gonna see one of the best bands that I have seen live on stage....
Im gonna see them on 10th of July. and Im sooooo looking forward to it...

and with the song from the new album the show is gonna rock the house...
just song like Take on the world and Clearly Insane, and I hope that I get to hear Circuit Vision from Mended Rhyme and Another time around from Undead... and some other from the albums...

And since Im friend of urban I know that he is really looking forward to the US gig ;)

:hotjump:

I will try to keep this thread alive. There are ten outstanding bands at PPV and everyone has their favorites understandably, but I don't want people to end up like me at PPII, getting my ass-kicked by Balance of Power but not knowing their material. This band is too good for PP attendees not to at least hear their samples from the Century Media website. I think even some of the pure "proggers" would approve of this band.

Bryant

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the last Tad Morose album I needed which was Sender of Thoughts.

DAMN! This blows away their first album by about 900%. It is the perfect, I mean perfect mix between doom, power and prog. I only wish Urban sang on this one though.........

Ben

Daybreaker said:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the last Tad Morose album I needed which was Sender of Thoughts.

DAMN! This blows away their first album by about 900%. It is the perfect, I mean perfect mix between doom, power and prog. I only wish Urban sang on this one though.........

Ben
Hmmmmm........ sounds really cool. Unfortunately, my "to buy" list is huge. I have heard many great things about this release though.

Bryant

I still have to pick up matters of the dark...will make a point to do so this week as they most likely will be playing stuff off their last 2 albums ( :erk: only 45 min setlist time frame)