Has everyine checked out tad Morose ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
All of us here have different tastes and I can respect that, but even though I actually lean toward the prog side of PP, Tad Morose's last two CDs, "Modus Vivendi" and "Matters of the Dark" kicked my ass in a serious manner. If anyone here hasn't checked them out, I seriously suggest doing so. I give major kudos to Glenn for picking these guys for the festival.
I only discovered them maybe three months ago, if that and their vocalist Urban Breed has leapfrogged his way into one of the top spots as my favorite vocalists. The rest of the band members are also outfuckingstanding as well. As I said, I can't guarantee that everyone here will like them as much as I, but this is a high quality band and I bet many would.

Bryant

I concur.
First bought Modus Vivendi when I decided to go to PPV and since have gotten Undead.
Holy crap, these guys kick ass.
Urban has incredible range.
Really looking forward to seeing them.

I agree Bryant and Ludmer! I also became a fan after discovering them when they were announced as one of the acts for PPV. OUTSTANDING band, I am so glad I got a chance to check them out...they have also become one of my recent fav bands...so looking forward to seeing them live!

I've been a fan of this band for several years now...

Tad Morose is one of the main reasons this year's fest is taking so long to arrive. I've been wanting to see them live for a very long time. ;) I'm actually quite suprised more people don't know who they are or are unfamiliar with them.

With their large back catalauge of brilliant albums and all the years they've been in the scene, I feel it's a crime they haven't recieved more noteriety in the states. But I guess it's no suprise... just look at Rage. :ill:

Tad Morose is proably my #1 draw for this years festival.

\m/
Dustin

As a sponsor of ProgPower 4 (Rage) and this years Progpower 5 (Tad Morose!) I am glad to hear such a positive response to the band. I, before my sponsorship, had heard OF Tad Morose, but hadn't heard or bought any albums. I have since picked up the last two and concur with the above posts!!!

Nevermind their latest stuff, I have been a fan since back in the days with Amended Rhyme and Sender of Thoughts (imo, one of the best prog metal albums ever!). I was a huge fan of their former singer Kristian Krille Anderson and he puts on a tremendous performance on Sender of Thoughts. I just hope they at least belt out one tune from that incredible album. And don't get me wrong, the new shit kicks all kinds of ass as well, but if you are interested in a few albums that have more keyboards and more of a prog feel, do not hesitate to pick up the above mentioned albums!

This band is definitely the "biggest" undercard on the bill, with the exception of Sender of Thoughts I have everything by them and I think many of their fans are the same way. There's something unique about their first two albums and EP with Krille and while Urban is awesome, I still go back to Paradigma and Amended Rhyme. Man, I feel sorry for Krille, two bands he was the former singer in are playing and both bands have gone to "success" right after he left.

Ben

I've been a fan of Tad's since I got to see them at Milwaukee metal mess a few years ago!

I just hope Urban wears the golden pants he had on in Milwaukee... classic!

LUDMER said:
I concur.
First bought Modus Vivendi when I decided to go to PPV and since have gotten Undead.
Holy crap, these guys kick ass.
Urban has incredible range.
Really looking forward to seeing them.

You might want to ceck out the release between the two, "Matters of the Dark" as well. I like it better than "Undead" and about equal to MV. MV has a more modern and slick production, but song wise MotD is very solid.

bryant

Dustin said:
I've been a fan of this band for several years now...

Tad Morose is one of the main reasons this year's fest is taking so long to arrive. I've been wanting to see them live for a very long time. ;) I'm actually quite suprised more people don't know who they are or are unfamiliar with them.

With their large back catalauge of brilliant albums and all the years they've been in the scene, I feel it's a crime they haven't recieved more noteriety in the states. But I guess it's no suprise... just look at Rage. :ill:

Tad Morose is proably my #1 draw for this years festival.

\m/
Dustin

I am wondering if it is their name or what, not just the US. I have a friend in The Netherlands who is brilliant with these lesser known bands and I turned him on to MV. He can't believe he had never heard them before. He was impressed as well.

Bryant

nightwish58 said:
Nevermind their latest stuff, I have been a fan since back in the days with Amended Rhyme and Sender of Thoughts (imo, one of the best prog metal albums ever!). I was a huge fan of their former singer Kristian Krille Anderson and he puts on a tremendous performance on Sender of Thoughts. I just hope they at least belt out one tune from that incredible album. And don't get me wrong, the new shit kicks all kinds of ass as well, but if you are interested in a few albums that have more keyboards and more of a prog feel, do not hesitate to pick up the above mentioned albums!
I will definitely be checking out the pre-Breed line-up as well. I don't think I could possibly like the band any more (even if they are more progressive) than I do now, but I can handle a different style and lineup. One of my fave oldschool bands, Metal Church had two killer line-ups and two distinct styles. Same goes for Fates Warning.....

Bryant

:tickled: you are not the only one Bryant...I can't wait to see TM as well, I am sure it will be one of the highlights of the show and they will gain more recognition and more new fans...for me they are one of my top 2 bands @ the show...the other being Brainstorm :headbang: