Has everyine checked out tad Morose ?

Pabla said:
I still have to pick up matters of the dark...will make a point to do so this week as they most likely will be playing stuff off their last 2 albums ( :erk: only 45 min setlist time frame)

You will like that one too sweetie. The production is not quite as good as MV and it's a little less "busy" with the riffing and stuff, but I think as far as vocals are concerned, "In The Shadows" is probably Urban's best work from what I have heard. Urban claims that we have a strong chance of hearing that song live at PPV as well. He unloads some power on that one.

Bryant

Bryant said:
All of us here have different tastes and I can respect that, but even though I actually lean toward the prog side of PP, Tad Morose's last two CDs, "Modus Vivendi" and "Matters of the Dark" kicked my ass in a serious manner. If anyone here hasn't checked them out, I seriously suggest doing so. I give major kudos to Glenn for picking these guys for the festival.
I only discovered them maybe three months ago, if that and their vocalist Urban Breed has leapfrogged his way into one of the top spots as my favorite vocalists. The rest of the band members are also outfuckingstanding as well. As I said, I can't guarantee that everyone here will like them as much as I, but this is a high quality band and I bet many would.

Bryant
Awesome band, Bryant !!! I'm glad you checked them out. I've been into them for a couple years now, but only really became a big fan this year. Their last three are excellent, and the older ones are good too, although I prefer the Urban Breed albums. He's one of the best in the business if you ask me. Me and you will have to rock out at PP !!

Britt

Bryant said:
You will like that one too sweetie. The production is not quite as good as MV and it's a little less "busy" with the riffing and stuff, but I think as far as vocals are concerned, "In The Shadows" is probably Urban's best work from what I have heard. Urban claims that we have a strong chance of hearing that song live at PPV as well. He unloads some power on that one.

Bryant

I will order it along with the Adagio cd's hopefully this weekend, sounds like an awesome CD indeed! Then again it is expected from TM as they are such a great band...I'll be sure to learn "In the shadows" for the expected sing-along :D

DarkTide said:
Awesome band, Bryant !!! I'm glad you checked them out. I've been into them for a couple years now, but only really became a big fan this year. Their last three are excellent, and the older ones are good too, although I prefer the Urban Breed albums. He's one of the best in the business if you ask me. Me and you will have to rock out at PP !!

Britt

You are not the Britt I know are you ? I have to ask because I think I talked to Zod here for twenty years before I knew it was the Zod aka GiNJ I know. I felt like an idiot. I thought maybe I was just so cool that some stranger treated me like he knew me for years. I guess the fact that I am "Bryant" on every forum known to metal-heads, steeler fans etc. makes me a little more recognizable. Doh !! If you are the same Britt that's a given that we will party, jam, eat cheeseburgers during POS etc. and if you aren't the same Britt, well you are still welcome to join me and the other Britt jamming at PPV.

Bryant

Bryant said:
You are not the Britt I know are you ? I have to ask because I think I talked to Zod here for twenty years before I knew it was the Zod aka GiNJ I know. I felt like an idiot. I thought maybe I was just so cool that some stranger treated me like he knew me for years. I guess the fact that I am "Bryant" on every forum known to metal-heads, steeler fans etc. makes me a little more recognizable. Doh !! If you are the same Britt that's a given that we will party, jam, eat cheeseburgers during POS etc. and if you aren't the same Britt, well you are still welcome to join me and the other Britt jamming at PPV.

Bryant
Yeah, I'm the Britt you know. The Green Bay Packer fan !! Sounds like a date then for POS. That's always a great time to get some chow.

Britt

If any one is interested, I've posted a bunch of pics from their July 2002 show at Metal Mess 16.

www.eppst1.com/tadmorose.htm

It was the first time I ever heard them, let alone see them live. They totally blew me away and I immediately picked up Matters of the Dark and have been a fan since then.

A friend and I got to talk with them after the show and they are really friendly and seem like really nice guys. Can't wait to see them again this September.

Ed

eppst1 said:
If any one is interested, I've posted a bunch of pics from their July 2002 show at Metal Mess 16.

It was the first time I ever heard them, let alone see them live. They totally blew me away and I immediately picked up Matters of the Dark and have been a fan since then.

A friend and I got to talk with them after the show and they are really friendly and seem like really nice guys. Can't wait to see them again this September.

Ed

Cool pix !!! Man Christer looks like Wolf Hoffmann circa 1984 reincarnated...... White flying "V", leather pants all black and arm-bands. I wonder if he is a fan of Wolf's ? I don't remember seeing it on any liner notes. Not that Wolf patented the look, but I am a Hoffmann nut, so I don't think a guitarist could look more cool than that.

Bryant

DarkTide said:
Yeah, I'm the Britt you know. The Green Bay Packer fan !! Sounds like a date then for POS. That's always a great time to get some chow.

Britt

I will watch a song or two from them. Shaye will probably be absolutely glowing like I was when VP played last year. That would be fun to see, but I won't make it for very long. It's not like PoS said bad things about my Mom or something, I just absolutely can't "get" them. In fact, though I lean more on the prog side of the pond, this year the power bands are really stronger in my ear. As you can tell from RMAQ, I definitely have Tad Morose fever. That band pushes all ofthe right musical buttons for me. That 45 minute time slot is going to feel so very short.

bryant

eppst1 said:

Ed

Thanks for sharing...those are some wicked gold pants Urban is wearing there, hehehehe. I've heard nothing but possitive feedback as to their live performances...I am so thrilled about them being at PP...now if the time would pass quickly :loco:

Love power but have to admit I am having a tough time getting into these guys (with the limited exposure I have had). Never heard their stuff prior to the sample on the PP website, and I loved tha song so I went out and got Matters of the Dark.

So far....so so at best after a few listens. Nothing really stands out for me, a little bland musically overall. Will keep it spinning though and see what happens. Many times stuff I have a hard time liking ends up growing on me bigtime.

Either way am looking forward to seeing them just as much as the bands I do like a lot......mainly because no matter what....LIVE MUSIC ROCKS!!!!!!

King Lek said:
Love power but have to admit I am having a tough time getting into these guys (with the limited exposure I have had). Never heard their stuff prior to the sample on the PP website, and I loved tha song so I went out and got Matters of the Dark.

So far....so so at best after a few listens. Nothing really stands out for me, a little bland musically overall. Will keep it spinning though and see what happens. Many times stuff I have a hard time liking ends up growing on me bigtime.

Either way am looking forward to seeing them just as much as the bands I do like a lot......mainly because no matter what....LIVE MUSIC ROCKS!!!!!!
Tad Morose progreesed a pretty fair amount between "Matters of the Dark" and "Modus Vivendi." They now play a lot of harmony guitar and I don't mean solos, but rather they use a lot of odd chord phrasings with one guitar playing one note or chords and another playing different ones. I really enjoy MotD for what it is, but it is definitely more straightforward metal than MV. The difference in the musicianship especially in the guitars (but drums and bass as well) is considerable.

bryant

King Lek said:
Ill look to order it and give it a shot after the holiday weekend.
I think that's a good idea. Taste is personal and I can't guarantee anyone will like anything, but I know I would be wanting to kick myself if I hadn't checked them out. MV is real high quality stuff.

Bryant