Question for Tad Morose fans...

Um, did you forget this set of albums?:
  • Hall of the Mountain King
  • Gutter Ballet
  • Streets
  • Edge of Thorns
Back on the thread topic: I got onto the Tad Morose bandwagon a little late, as PP was my into to the band. However, I have to agree that those three albums being discussed are top quality. Urban's vocals lend the band that extra power that puts them over the top. At the same time, they mastered the ability to be heavy without always resorted to pure speed. I put Angel Dust in that same category.

Steve in Philly

Sorry, but although I tried, I could get very little out of "Streets." I commend Savatage for going way out of the box with that release, but I just couldn't "get it." For the record, I think "Gutter Ballet" is a 9/10. It is a great release. It may not be as "popular" as HotMK, but I put it on par with it.
I also agree with your analogy of Angel Dust on a couple of releases, but AD couldn't make up their mind whether to be thrash or powermetal. I have to go back to Metal Church (Howe era) on my comparison. They were super heavy at times, but still retained melody. Much of that was due to Mike Howe's tremendous vocals. Urban and Mike remind me of each other at times. I would say that is a compliment in either direction. Both are (were in Mike's case) very underrated vocalists. Metal Church really fizzled out when he left the music scene.

Bryant