duh nü Communic kyx ur bawlz

and yes, cut the songs down or at least vary them. opeth syndrome is not progressive
At least the long Opeth songs go in different directions and are like little journeys with lots of different parts. It feels like Communic's songs are just long for the sake of being long.

I think they've got plenty of both. They just drill them into your skull with repetitiveness. They need to change them up and vary them, not add more.

Conspiracy In Mind "song" was fucking excellent. Fooled By The Servant is awesome.

Oddlief should have stayed in Scariot though, where he didn't have complete songwriting xontrol.

Holy shit. 30 seconds into the 2nd song on the album and they're already doing one of these things I've never liked about them. A lot of their riffs sound like they're based off of riffs from other bands. Ocean Bed has some total new Metallica riffs in it... a lot of dude's vocal harmonies are exactly like Warrel's, and now this 2nd track starts out with a riff that sounds like it was lifted right out of Paranoid.

WTF, I'm just like Will, I used to LOVE these guys and now I'm getting almost disgusted by them. It's not a good sign when after not even two songs I can tell they're ripping off other bands STILL.

Bad form, Communic. Bad form.

hook1.jpg

I just find that their music is pretty samey. Conspiracy In Mind > Waves > new one. They should do more Ocean Bed type of songs that just really rock

"Ocean Bed" is definitely my favorite song from them. I'm still happy to get some new music and I hope they can finally make it over to American soil.

I just find that their music is pretty samey. Conspiracy In Mind > Waves > new one. They should do more Ocean Bed type of songs that just really rock

Absolutely. Ocean Bed is also good.

How to make Communic a better band:

Step 1-Stop fucking writing long songs. It doesn't make them epic, it isn't impressive, it's stupid and aimless.

Listened through a few times now. I gotta say "Through the The Labyrinth of Years" is a really cool song, probably the highlight for me so far. Awesome vocal melodies.

This album is straight up Communic. I'll rock it for a while and see what happens.

listen to audrey horne instead of communic
I saw communic last year, it was, hm, hm, hm. weak. they're nice guys but... their music is not my cup of tea.

Through the Labyrinth of Time is the best song. In fact, it's the only memorable song on the album for me. Such a shame, I loved these guys so hard at one point, but I can't keep my interest with a band if they don't evolve. You could switch the titles of their last two albums and no one would be able to tell the difference. Hopefully if they put out another one in the future we'll see some growth.