Dumbest Opeth Question Yet..

driz

New Metal Member
Nov 21, 2004
Toronto
Hey friends,
I was introduced to Opeth maybe 5 months ago and since then I own all their discs and dvd's and they've quickly become my favourite band. Howvwer, that being said they are not the most "popular" therefore I don't hear them being talked about much. Therefore, I ask this stupid question: Is Opeth pronounced just like it's spelled "Opeth" with the "th" sound, or is it pronounced "Opet"? I thought it was always the first one, but on the DVD Michael sounds like he makes reference to the name like "Opet"? Which is it? Opet or Opeth?
driz

Actually, I was also wondering about the pronunciation.

Is it Opeth :: Low Death or
Opeth :: Foe Lith

sound it like meth, but i add a little bit of an ae sound to it (not much though, like as in "pear", opeath . . . . like an "eh" sound)

O(m)eth, but instead of an "m" its a "p" . . . . opeth . . . . giving me my fix every time.

Mike is Swedish. Thusly, sometimes, especially on the DVD, it sounds like he says, "Opet". Do not be confused. Stay the course. A thousand points of light.

"Sleep" -ing.
That is what one would call it. It is an act, not a lack of an act, as you are not in a conscious state you do something in this, it is not merely peaceful slumber, but the next shift in the job of your sentience.

Hack3141: Just kidding. Merry Holidays!
Hack3141: Actually I would like to be eaten by a bear
Hack3141: In front of a bunch of girl scouts
Hack3141: Quote me, please!
chrisp1015: haha
chrisp1015: why girl scouts?
Hack3141: Because, even though I would be dead, or screaming in hellish agony, I would get sexual gratification by letting the bear eat me and them see it.
chrisp1015: haha
chrisp1015: that's pretty fucked up

Hack3141: I hope that fucking....whats her name
Hack3141: that irritating student
Hack3141: with the accent
Hack3141: female
chrisp1015: In which class?
chrisp1015: Math?
Hack3141: caul's
Hack3141: well when im in it
chrisp1015: Hmm
Hack3141: Beth!
chrisp1015: oh, hahaha
chrisp1015: she is a moron
Hack3141: I hope she sees me get eaten by a bear and hears me screaming in utter agony as my bones crunch and she screams and vomits and kills herself in a crowded church

Hack3141: I am descending into the grasp of madness so dear.

I'm actually within about 10 feet of my computer. Feel free to do whatever you may do, but I don't need to tell you that. You will anyway. It is so!

Spacious as a room may be, if many of the objects occupying this room were hollow, the room would be only slightly less spacious, as opposed to if the objects were completely solid, by which the room would not be considered spacious at all.

Listening to the rhythmic thumping of the bass in a techno song I had heard, I felt a cold dissonance form from it and the beating of my heart. Obviously, the beats were not synchronized.

When you type in your opinions in Microsoft Word, does saving the document actually implicitly suggest that you are attempting to prevent the corruption of Microsoft Word from other, more ?unclean? musings?

The only true madness is that which we see in an avid furor.

Recently I went to a supermarket for no other purpose than to try to synchronize my humming to that of the noisy air conditioner. It was quite remarkable.

I think that the extra letters in ?Coffee? bring a certain hilarity to the word.

No matter what anyone tells you, an adrenaline rush is never as good as mainlined heroin.

I think that I can say with a fairly high degree of accuracy that there is one thing that would make this night better.

The upside of paranoid hallucinosis is that hey, that?s pretty cool, right?

"Oh bother," stated Pooh. "It appears that I have been shot in my furry, fat tummy."
Eeyore then entered. "What's the problem now, Pooh..?" He inquired.

"Shove it up your ass, Eeyore." said Pooh.

I will shove you in my ballbag!

You foul smelling discharge of smegmatic cheese.

1/19/05

Grossly distorted in size: The size appears to be so incredibly large, small that it sickens me and makes me want to throw up everything I ever ate.

Quoted ?Near-death experiences (NDEs) are less common than OOBEs, and also usually occur only on fourth plateau trips. Again this seems to be something that we're wired to experience when the brain is sufficiently disrupted, either by drugs or by lack of oxygen?

In her vagina, I saw so much potential. So much god damn potential. Fucking potential, that is.

The techno bass beat is like Worm?s Armageddon in that it reminds me of the game.

The snow was like snow that sheeted the cold, hard ground like the thunder sound maker.(by the way, the word lightning is better than the word thunder because lightning sounds more eccentric and sudden, like actual lightning, unlike thunder).

Connection is what blends together the seeds of psychosis.

That is abstract and profound, like this sound, and although these are two different things, I use the same words to describe them both. Interesting, no?

The pain of the body is the only thing that stops my mind from going where it wants to.

I have found my god. And I give myself to his will.

The difference between abstraction and logic is not mathematically numerable.

?N? is the most orange letter, I think.

It?s weird to be high.

That was a profound statement.