Dunlop MXR Bass DI test

Yeah after KillDivision's test I'm keen to run the MXR through SVX. It's really hard to go wrong with bass and Mesa gear though. You know full well the power of a Dual Rectifier on bass guitar... the MXR is basically just a compromise because I can't reamp through a massive fuck-off bass rig in here.

Here's two of the Tech21 VT Bass. The less gain sounds pretty much the same as the PSA. You can't do a mid scoop as drastic as the MXR (which is 800hz I believe) since it doesn't have a sweepable mid, but you could always do that post.

VT Bass Less Gain
BT Bass More Gain

wow i really need to get a vt bass >.<

do you have more clips of this pedal?
(if you send me more clips ill be forever grateful )
there is almost NOTHING on the internet about this pedal
there is a couple of vids on youtube but really bad recordings

wow i really need to get a vt bass >.<

do you have more clips of this pedal?
(if you send me more clips ill be forever grateful )
there is almost NOTHING on the internet about this pedal
there is a couple of vids on youtube but really bad recordings

Yeah, I own the VT Bass Deluxe which is the programmable version with built in DI. Probably my favorite of bass pedals I own. It's designed to only do the SVT type sound, and has built in cab emu (lo pass I believe, but people are modding them to be able to defeat this).

I can record some clips if you want, or if you have any DIs you want me to reamp, just let me know. The tones can range from very mellow and round, to very edgy and grinding. Sounds really killer through a poweramp into an 8x10 for a lightweight (not counting the cab) rig.

Yeah after KillDivision's test I'm keen to run the MXR through SVX. It's really hard to go wrong with bass and Mesa gear though. You know full well the power of a Dual Rectifier on bass guitar... the MXR is basically just a compromise because I can't reamp through a massive fuck-off bass rig in here.

ditto here! i want to run our trem-o-verb through SVX and see whats ups

I listened through AudioGeekzine's clips, they are pretty interesting. The Sansamp and Behringer sound very good, and then the rest sound super honked and the gain doesn't fit exactly. I'm going to buy the Behringer, 30$ for an almost perfect sansamp tone? Too good to pass up.

If someone could PM me that Ampeg 8x10 impulse I would be eternally grateful. I've been looking for a good bass cab impulse for a while now with no luck.

PM to both of you.

Thanks, also man! :headbang:

Listening to the roughs on here, I really gotta say I like the original MXR Ermz put up. While not as compressed / amped / EQ'd as some of the others, you really get a good impression how that distortion really notches in as a lower/darker part of the spectrum to really get the "tractor sound" right. The others (BDDI, Sans Amps, etc.) sound great, but it's the brighter more metallic "ping" that most metal bass has going on... If you listen to Iwers bass sound solo'd out, it's not really in the range of things. :cool: There's something about the break-up of the distortion as well, that's just more random and ugly... in a good fucking way. I don't do much outboard these days but I may just have to pick one of these babies up to get the bass grit going on. What were you're settings, Ermz?

semi-necro thread revival. (when is it considered a full necro thread by the way?).

ermz, what did you end up preferring after half a year has gone by?
I originally preferred your MXR into bass amp room example.

I ended up using both MXR/BAR and the PSA-1 together on the record.

The end result was this, which I actually just put up on the RMM board:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhOPyUbmQ0&feature=related[/ame]

More recently I've reamped the MXR into an Ampeg SVP-CL and then ran that into a bass cab impulse. Worked amazingly well. That CD has yet to come out though.

@UtopianCrux: Sorry I missed your post months ago. No idea what the settings ultimately were, just that there was a blend between distortion and clean, which favored distortion heavily, and that the gain was cranked (too high =D). The pedal does definitely bring the uglyness.