dutch metal bands.. what do you think of them?

genaatloos

I empty my nose on you..!
Apr 29, 2005
dronten, netherlands
ej.. I want to know what you guys think of dutch metal.. and not only of bands like 'the gathering' and 'orphanage'. have you ever heard of God dethroned? a really death/black-metal fan must have heard a song of them in his life!!

i was gonna say i didnt know any dutch bands but you reminded me that i actually do know some! although i'm not a great fan of them.
the gathering... hmm, the singer is really beautiful :p (i went to flemish belgium once and all the girls are really nice by the way ;))
i also saw orphanage before Within Temptation haha (i never really liked Within temptation but i went cause some friends were going and i was bored ^^)
and i know about God Dethroned although i never heard a song of theirs.. does that make me not a true metalhead? :(

recommend us some bands man!

Two days ago i watched God Dethroned.......hmm...great music of course, but i had expected more....

Graveworm,Dark Fortress and Dismember were the REAL killer Bands on this weekend

graveworm are really great.. love em.. 2 bad they're not dutch...
dont really know that many bands from back home.. 37 stabwounds but they're not really well known...

another Dutch band is Callenish Circle. they are nothing spectacular but they do play some pretty decent Melodic Death/Thrash

O yea I just remembered two very cool Dutch Folk Metal bands!
Heidevolk - 1 cd available thru their website
Thronar - 1st cd to be released soon?

where's "over here"?

anyway i dont see why you bitch about dutch metal bands.
France is the bitch of metal in europe, i dare any of you (except Belgar) to name more then 2 french metal bands WHICH ARE NOT black metal. also look at the festivals outside of france, there arent any french bands ever, except maybe seldomly Anorexia Nervosa. this really sucks cause we do have awsome metal bands in the death/thrash metal scenes.
whatever.