DVD of Trocadero show has arrived, on the hub

Might i suggest converting it to a .ogm file, with xvid for video and ogg/vorbis for audio. The difference will be minimal.

To all you hardk0re tr00 folks convincing us that we are fucking heathens for wanting compression, sorry, but some of us are on broadband WITH limitations - 4 gig is a significant chunk out of my 15 gig limit you fucks.

Plus this should be distributed using bit-torrent. The dissemination would be much faster.

And yeah, the difference would be minimal when compared with an ogm. Anyone complaining 'OMG TERRIBLE LOSSY BLAH' is a moron. You're one of those audiophiles who listens to the equipment instead of the music, only now it's a case of 'the codec instead of the performance'. You wankers.

Most enjoyable bootleg that I semi-regularly watch is a .mpeg of a Tool gig - can't remember the date off hand. It spreads over two vcds, and there is some artifacting and a bit of distortion in the sound, but it's worth much more to me than the 2gig mp2 rip I have of another tool concert.

Why? Cuz there's more to this shit than how 'OMG LOSSLESS' it is you fucking morons.

Distributing a 4gig bootleg is something you are more than welcome to do, but how about a compressed version for those of us who'd rather listen to it than masturbate over the lack of video artifacts?

markgugs said:
You are an idiot.
No he's not. You're saying it's a good idea to download 4gig of LOSSLESS video instead of 600mb of lossy video. He's saying thats analogous to downloading a 60mb CDA audio track instead of the 4mb mp3.

Exact same concept. And no doubt hundreds of people would jump on him for being fucking ridiculous - there's no way i'll download a 700mb cd image when i can get the mp3s that are about 40 to 50 meg in total.

Thing you need to realise is that it's fucking ridiculous when you're talking about video too. Get your uncompressed hand off your lossless dick.

markgugs said:
For the record, you are ignorant for not bothering to learn and understand the difference between compressed LOSSY files and non-compressed LOSSLESS files. An unwillingness to learn and understand is the very definition of ignorance.

... You say this after he just said "Yeah, no kidding... most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a high quality avi (divx) and the orrigional unless they were watching them side-by-side." He obviously understands how compression works, and therefore is not ignorant.

You sir, are an elitist douchebag.

Honestly.. you dont need to be able to make out every hair on mikael's head to enjoy the performance.. someone please make a compressed one. Compression doesnt have to mean horrible looking video.. with the right settings it can look great.

estimate: what do you mean?
iam not very fanatic about forums but sometimes it`s glad to chat with ya guys:)
yes...and if someone has that show in soulseek and it`s willing to share it. i would be very happy. there`s one song i really wanna see them play and it`s allmighty blackwater park.
cheers.

I think alot of people here are smart enough to draw the line between a completely uncompressed 4gb video, which IS lossy btw (there's only a certain amount of bits that go into 4gb and that's nowhere near close enough to adquately replicate reality) and a file that's about 5 times smaller and has slightly more loss. The stupid thing you're suggesting is that we spend a week downloading a file that we could get in about 2-4 hours otherwise, with absolutely no visible quality loss to the naked eye.

If you can explain the reason and logic behind this, I'm all ears.

Otherwise, thank you for sharing the file in the first place... I just wonder why you bother when you restrict it to such a select few.

Christ, its not like its the holy grail of bootlegs. I thought boolegs were meant to be imperfect? I for one, wont stand for this good quality bootleg. Its a disgrace to bootlegers everywhere.

Bootleg.

Thank you Iblys, he would do well to listen to your advice on compression. Has anyone on this forum actually downloaded it? If so, would they mind taking the time to compress it for the rest of us? If noone has I will try and download it and compress it as soon as I can, but I'm getting very slow speeds so it may take a while.

Rejvk, if anyone is compressing it, it will be me. Anyone that downloads this from me i dont want you to compress it ok? Ill try it later to see if it works, but i dont have the time right now anymore. I have 2 midterms to study for and all this other crap, just wait till later in the week.

Why can't anyone compress it and share it? It's better than a 4 gig dvd that no one can watch with out a dvd burner. Isn't the whole reason you put the bootleg out was so that it can be watched? You say you will try it later but you yet you have to midterms to study for and other stuff why not just have someone else do it? I understand you want credit but credit you already got. Just let someone compress is for the sake of sharing.

I know its not impossible, but it's just that it doesn't have to take two days to get this when you can get it in 2 hours if he would just compress it.