DVD of Trocadero show has arrived, on the hub

I feel sorry for you for having a download limit, those are ancient nowadays. I see you are in australia, sorry dude. Either buy it off the guy on ebay like i did, or deal with it.

:err: you got some weird views man. I still don't see why you are making this so big when there is no good reason. It's taking up way more size than it needs to. But hopefully someone will compress this for us who need our space.

Has anyone downloaded this who wouldn't mind sending me a copy? I can trade also, I have some other stuff, Opeth and whatever. Please let me know! Thanks

suisliDE, :lol:, you are righteous dude. Ignore these IDIOTS who simply cannot and do not and will never apparently understand the difference between LOSSY and LOSSLESS.

It sure is great to watch all the little Opethians whine and bitch and cry because they can't get this DVD, or actually, are unwilling to even try. Waaah!

To the few of you out there who DO understand, kudos, keep enjoying your shows and those to come. The rest can fuck off.

Iblys said:
Fuck yeah I got patience, what i DON'T have is 4gig on my download limit to spend on a show when there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for it to take up more than 700mb.
it will be tranformed give it a few weeks for it to spread and for someone who knows what they are doing to compress it.

the beauty of the internet means that eventually everything that makes commonsense eventually gets done. which means you dont have to deal with idiots like markgugs and his 4 gig fetish

markgugs said:
suisliDE, :lol:, you are righteous dude. Ignore these IDIOTS who simply cannot and do not and will never apparently understand the difference between LOSSY and LOSSLESS.

It sure is great to watch all the little Opethians whine and bitch and cry because they can't get this DVD, or actually, are unwilling to even try. Waaah!

To the few of you out there who DO understand, kudos, keep enjoying your shows and those to come. The rest can fuck off.
lol.

...just lol. :err:

"Opethians whine and bitch..." Got something against Opethians? You are on an Opeth forum..if you don't like it just don't post, rather than slagging all of us off. And why should us who "don't understand" "fuck off" that's real mature attitude man.

k.

markgugs, you have to understand that people who don't have a super high speed connection with no bandwith limitations and/or who don't have much space on their hard drives are willing to sacrifice some quality in order to make the download easier.

If you don't want to compress it for personnal values then fine, someone else will do it for sure tough, just don't bitch everyone about this.

Thanks for sharing the video, it's very nice from you.

There is no obligation on the OP's part to accomidate for anyone who would not prefer to download 4 gigs of data over the Internet. The choice is their's, not his.

With that said, I have no clue about using hubs or what programs are required to get these files. If anyone would lead me in the right direction?

The problem is not what kind of high-speed pipe you have; I have a BADLY capped cable connection that cannot upload at more than 12-13 kB/s. The problem is that so many of you are far more concerned about people doing things for you without any fuss on your own part.

If you'd take 10 fucking minutes to actually learn something, you'd understand how BitTorrent works, you'd have the necessary ports forwarded on your computer, and it would be just fine and dandy. But noooo....it's so much easier to bitch.

markgugs said:
The problem is not what kind of high-speed pipe you have; I have a BADLY capped cable connection that cannot upload at more than 12-13 kB/s. The problem is that so many of you are far more concerned about people doing things for you without any fuss on your own part.

If you'd take 10 fucking minutes to actually learn something, you'd understand how BitTorrent works, you'd have the necessary ports forwarded on your computer, and it would be just fine and dandy. But noooo....it's so much easier to bitch.
Your a twat, some people don't have broadband, and some people don't have routers. I have broadband, and I have a router. But that's not the fucking problem. The problem is that people don't give a fuck about "LOSSY" and "LOSSLESS". I would prefer the lossy 700 meg vid over the 4 gig as would most people. Sure I can download the 4 gig file but its taking up more space just to feed your craving for lossless video. And yes I know how to use bittorrent, I actually downloaded Mr Neils 4 gig dvd. Thanks for sharing the vid but your an ass. Also what does port fowarding have anything to do with it? That isn't gonna change my speed for shit. Maybe YOU should go read up on port fowarding again.

You obviously don't know shit about BitTorrent little boy, so pipe down, mmm kay?

For those who WOULD like to know, if you don't have your ports from 6881-6999 OPEN and FORWARDED for BitTorrent, you are not going to be able to connect to all possible seeds and peers. Period. That's not open for debate.

As for the space issue, please, cry me a fucking river. 120 GB hard drives are available for $80 US these days. Even if mommy or daddy won't buy you one, just how long is the 4 GB going to sit on your drive for? A few days while you share it back? Then burn the fucking thing and be done with it. Let me guess. No burner either.

Guess what, go buy your own fucking copy. Goddamn.

Hahaha. Good work Mark.

I had some problems with the hub downloads though, some people had different versions of the files (for some odd reason) and the files ended up being the same as the first one. If someone tried to sabotage it by doing this fuck you!

I also don't like BT because it takes up lots of my bandwidth. When I run it, I can't even open any pages on IE. Which is odd because I can at first, but after a while of having BT open, IE won't open a single page.

Mark is owning everyone, it's kind of funny since I'm not involved!

markgugs said:

Or we completely understand all of these concepts and are able to deduce that a slight drop in quality (which you are making out to be the end of the world) is worth dropping the size of the video by 3.3 gigs.

Much more than a slight loss of quality. How do you think you get from 4+GB to <1GB? You remove 3/4 of the data, that's how. There is a huge difference quality unless you are just playing these vids on a crappy computer. But the difference between watching a DVD vs a VCD on a decent system with a decent TV or monitor is huge and very noticable. I'm not concerned about loss of quality just to be anal. There is a real and severe loss of quality. Anyone who can't see that needs to upgrade their equipment.

jeffbr_ said:
Much more than a slight loss of quality. How do you think you get from 4+GB to <1GB? You remove 3/4 of the data, that's how. There is a huge difference quality unless you are just playing these vids on a crappy computer. But the difference between watching a DVD vs a VCD on a decent system with a decent TV or monitor is huge and very noticable. I'm not concerned about loss of quality just to be anal. There is a real and severe loss of quality. Anyone who can't see that needs to upgrade their equipment.
Maybe your not aware of how Divx compression or similar ie XviD works. Yes there is a loss obviously. But noticable loss? Only slightly. About the same as a 5 meg MP3 file and a 60 meg CDA file. I'm going to put the following sentence into capitals because apparently the point is not being understood despite the many times it has been said *MOST PEOPLE WOULD RATHER DOWNLOAD A GOOD QUALITY <1G DIVX FILE THAN A >6 GIG FILE."

It seem's to me that some people might be getting confused to what Divx is..IT IS NOT VCD. It uses a completely differnet compression algorithm. DivX is very near DVD quality and the compression is only noticable at high resolutions as is real DVD (remember that your so called "lossless" file is also lossy)

Also to Markgugs whose supposedly "owning everyone" Stop being so fucking arrogant and cuntish to everyone. You must be the spoilt one. You just assume that everyone has a Burner, everyone has at least 120G of hd space, everyone has broadband. Wtf?! How can you be so narrow minded. Has it occured to you the Opeth fanbase is world wide, and broadband isn't readily available around the world. You could look at it as segregation. Why should people from country be more able to view it than someone from another country? Nazi.

I don't know what more to say as probably most of it has been said already by too many members of the board. You probably won't even read this beacuse it's too long for your 4th grade education, whilst you spent all your time researching "port forwarding" and took a degree in "losslessness"
I doubt you read many other posts, as opposed to skimmed, as you don't seem to understand what's being said. Either that or your just plain ignorant. I'd like to hope not.

Moonlapse said:
So zipping a file from 400 meg to 200 meg causes me to lose data? SHIT MAN! Thanks for the heap of insight, I never knew that.

I'm not sure if you were trying to be retarded on purpose or not. Zipping data is completely different that encoding or transcoding music into a different format. Apparently you aren't ready to have the discussion yet.

Rejvk said:
*MOST PEOPLE WOULD RATHER DOWNLOAD A GOOD QUALITY <1G DIVX FILE THAN A >6 GIG FILE."

I'm sure this is true for this board. This is not true for any trading groups or boards I'm part of. The objective when trading and collecting is generally preservation of quality.

This board seems to be populated with young fans who just want "anything" and aren't concerned about quality. Sharing MP3 encoded shows on a hub is an example of this. I'm not sure if that is a result of ADHD or just having shitty audio/video equipment. Either way, I'm definitely not interested in grabbing a lower quality copy of something just to save a little time.