DVD on the way

I am not at all dissapointed in this. We all have been anticipating the Official DVD for awhile now and in that way it is sort of dissapointing, bit I also am very happy at the integrity of the band in wanting to put out the best DVD release possible. It sounds like the Peaceville Box Set will be well done too with the artwork of Travis Smith and the 12 page booklet and the poster that will come with it. An unreleased VIVA TRACK is also very exciting!!!!! Has anyone seen the Kracow gig or was anyone there? I would assume it was a great gig since they are using it.

This was a surprise... Great news! I wonder how limited it'll be though..
Well this was a spark of light in a hopeless season anyway... Thanxxx

Deliverance6 said:
Has anyone seen the Kracow gig or was anyone there? I would assume it was a great gig since they are using it.

Well, they're using it because the TV Studio in Krzemionki where the gig happened is particularly well equipped for filming concerts and it is reasonably cheap, which is why many bands use it for dvd purposes. I know some people on this board have issues with the Polish fans (you can search the forum), but many bands acknowledge that they are very passionate and say Poland is a great place to play in. I wasn't able to see the Krakow gig (which I regret to this day), but I guess the concert must have been at least decent, otherwise they wouldn't be using it.

So with the one unreleased track featured on this compilation, that will still leave one unheard from the Viva Emptiness sessions. And if I remember, CDN said it was two covers from those recordings(VE): Nick Drake - Pink Moon, and Will Oldham - I See A Darkness. When oh when will we ever be able to hear those?

The Scourge said:
So with the one unreleased track featured on this compilation, that will still leave one unheard from the Viva Emptiness sessions. And if I remember, CDN said it was two covers from those recordings(VE): Nick Drake - Pink Moon, and Will Oldham - I See A Darkness. When oh when will we ever be able to hear those?
to set things straight and eliminate rumours: we never recorded those two cover songs. simple as that. the other track from the VE sessions is unfortunately lost due to a fatal hardrive crash. the news almost broke my heart. why didn't u have the song on a back up i hear u say? well the song WAS on a backup drive and that's the one which crashed. we've examined every possibility of recovering the drive, but its not possible. we're probably taking that song with us into the writing for the new album tho as it was the most aggressive song we've done for years.

I was kinda hoping that the DVD was going to come out sooner. But oh well :cry:

The special edition case looks to be very exciting. Hopefully us Scandinavians will get it first right? :D :D

So we do get to see the Poland DVD thingy?
Hey, you guys get it right and thanks for letting us have
a taste of what is to come!

Blakkheim said:
to set things straight and eliminate rumours: we never recorded those two cover songs. simple as that. the other track from the VE sessions is unfortunately lost due to a fatal hardrive crash. the news almost broke my heart. why didn't u have the song on a back up i hear u say? well the song WAS on a backup drive and that's the one which crashed. we've examined every possibility of recovering the drive, but its not possible. we're probably taking that song with us into the writing for the new album tho as it was the most aggressive song we've done for years.

Well, in the most embarassed manner I can conjure, I certainly am sorry to propagate any rumours. Thanks for the setting the record straight Blakkheim. Oh, and I agree with a selection on your playlist for this last month; Shape Of Despair. It is definitely their most dynamic offering to date and all doom fans should check it out.

Blakkheim said:
we're probably taking that song with us into the writing for the new album tho as it was the most aggressive song we've done for years.

So that means, with this "most agressive song" included on the next album, Katatonia follows the heavy direction VE leads?

Blakkheim said:
These things could only happen to Katatonia...though there is something I don't understand...sorry for my lack of knowledge about everything that has to do with "technology"... so....the back up crashed, but isn't the back up a copy? what happened to the other drive?? You record a song on a computer hard disk and you don't save it on a cd or whatever?:err:
anyways, maybe the song will resurrect on the next album...and being it one of the most agressive composed by Katatonia I begin to think that we have to expect a harder album than ever!

As for the DVD news, it made my day! Really looking forward to its release!!!!:hotjump:

A new main show for this DVD will be planned and shot with more careful directing behind it during next year (tba). We're also pretty far on our way of gathering cool backstage and bootleg shots with our own handycam, that will in the end make up some great bonus footage for a well worthwhile killer release.
The next show should be recorded in Los Angeles :D
We have a great crowd ( better than Cleveland :p )

It says the songs for the 2 disc thing will be selected, assumably my popularity, which might be a bit unfortunate for me because it seems all my favorite songs by bands are ones that nobody really mentions :(