Dynazty: Renatus is my most played disc of the year

Like I said its not a bad album. If anything, it's nice to hear a 2014 version of Athletic Rock.
I'd say it's far more substantial than "Athletic Rock". For instance, I was a big fan of Corroded's last album, which I could see being described as such. However, I feel like there's a lot more going on here. To my ear it sounds like a perfect balance between Hard Rock, Power Metal and Prog Metal. And when I say "Prog Metal", I'm using that description as it typically applies around here, not in the sense that it's "groundbreaking" in any way. Ultimately, they're perfectly suited for this audience and if they bring it live, they will be back.

As for knocking Priest? Dynazty will never have their success. :) Low to mid tier until the inevitable breakup.
As for the Priest comment, that was merely me busting your balls a bit, as I know you love the new album. And while I completely agree that Dynazty will never enjoy Priest-level success, that's hardly a fair barometer. It's likely no band will ever again have Priest's success, regardless of their actual quality. Still, if what we're comparing is Renatus to Redeemer of Souls, than it's not even close to my ear. But hey, that's what makes these forums entertaining.

This is without a doubt one of my favorite disks this year. Can't wait to see them live. I knew how much Glenn liked this disk, so I was keeping my fingers crossed that he would be able to bring them.

Guy

so I just listened to the two videos posted ITT back to back and the main riff is the same (or at the very least remarkably similar) only played at double tempo in the new one. Just something I noticed.

I just took a listen for the first time today. I heard the Amaranthe connection right away and that's fine by me! Think this will be my new workout album too. I know people look at me funny when I head bang while roller blading but wtf.

[Cough] PerhapsSomeoneCouldSuggestThatToTheBand [/EndCough]

Saw this in my Facebook feed this morning!

dynazty.png

Indeed. I wasn't grabbed by the single I'd heard but given the upswell of love...I'll have to give the whole disc a shot and see if it lands for me.

Renatus played in its entirety? Besides being completely awesome, that's completely awesome.