Dynazty: Renatus is my most played disc of the year

I second this. I've had this disc for a little over a month, and I CANNOT put it down! Usually I need a little time with an album for it to click with me, but this one floored me from the beginning. By a mile, my favorite release this year so far. Can't wait to see this band next year- thank you, Glenn :)

I'm ready to go 2-3 rounds while working out with them on the player:

I guess since you booked 'em they finally allowed this video to be played in our country?

I've never actually experienced a band like this where I'm totally and completely disinterested and unimpressed with their back catalog and then they go and blow my head off with one release. It's like they were holding back all these years. I'm going to have a helluva time putting together a top five list this year, but I'm guessing this will be among them.

I was impressed by their brief appearance in the PPUSA video, and thus I have the album on order from Amazon. Based on the comments I'm looking forward to hearing it when it comes in, although it's got a lot of competition from the 15-20 CDs that I picked up from the merchandise stand (as well as from Amazon).

Surpringly enough, last night during my workout I randomly decided to try this album on Spotify. That workout ended up much better than expected, minus the bouts of air guitar between sets.

I can't share your enthusiasm here.

Not that this a band album by any means and the quality is undeniable, but I find it hard to listen it from start to finish. I think it's a bit over-produced and doesn't leave me enough space to "breathe" a bit.

Need "Orvam" is by far the best disc of the year. Also was top three performance at ProgPower.

In saying that, Dynazty is definitely a good cd. Haven't spent much time with it yet, but I plan to.

Really cool chorus in that song. I dig it.

Zod was trying to sell me on these guys and I trust his judgment, however I made sure I told them that I thought their band name was dumb and their album art is a bit goofy. But hell, I like Immortal, what do I know about album art? :lol:

I'm on board with the minimal nay-saying. This is a fantastic sounding album, but wow if it isn't one of the more overproduced and redundant things I've heard this year. I agree with the Amaranthe assessment, actually. I also find Dynazty to be all flash and relatively little substance - which is perfectly fine at times.

I'm also a notorious critic that's picking on an album that I'd still call "great", so take this with a grain of salt. ;)

Although I've yet to hear anything from their previous works (can't play YT at work), it would be awesome if they did a special one off where they played Renatus in it's entirety.

[Cough] PerhapsSomeoneCouldSuggestThatToTheBand [/EndCough]

You read my mind. I like the old stuff. Renatus is the disk of the year. I'd be more than thrilled if they played the entire album.

I've never actually experienced a band like this where I'm totally and completely disinterested and unimpressed with their back catalog and then they go and blow my head off with one release. It's like they were holding back all these years. I'm going to have a helluva time putting together a top five list this year, but I'm guessing this will be among them.

I had the same experience, their name and previous releases left me skeptical, but this album is amazing. As Glenn said, it is a great workout album and I have played it a ton this year. While I think it will be in my conversation for top album of the year, I think weightier stuff by Need and Ammoral will win out.

Actually I would not be surprised if the new Elvenking also nudges it. The Pagan Manifesto has stayed in constant rotation since it was released. The new Elvenking was almost as much a surprise as Renatus given their recent output.