Easiest Bodom Song?

Snowblind

Kruk Smierci
Dec 10, 2003
New Jersey
Well, I'm trying to improve my skills as a guitarist, and trying to play a Bodom song is probably the BEST way to train myself. I want to start at the beginnig, so can anyone tell me which Bodom song is easiest to play?

Well, as an out of practice guitarist currently cleaning the rust out of my gears; I find that practicing on Warheart and Bed or Razors has been pretty easy for me. Deadnight Warrior isn't too bad either. Everytime I Die is at a pretty slow pace. I wouldn't attempt the solo in Mask of Sanity yet however. :D

Well, for me it was like this, the first bodom song I heard was downfall, it blew me away. Next day i got all the albums and every tab I could find from cob. This was 2 years ago, at that time I could play metallica stuff, but with hard efort. I first started practicing downfall, learned first every note played in the intro by head, then from really slow to fast until I could play the intro faster then the cd, that took me something like 1-2 hours (yeah my guitar skills still sucked at that time, never was that intrested in guitar playing until hearing cob). After that the rest of the song followed. Now I can play cob easy and play stuff from malmsteen, vai etc. But I had no school for a year so I practiced 3-5 hours a day :p and that helps a lot too+it's so much worth the effort. Anyway I think downfall is great to start out, just be patient start slow and then faster faster and faster :headbang:

red light in my eyes part 1 is pretty easy, the hardest song...hmm....HateCrew has some tough solo and chorus work...hmm.. I dunno...

The first Bodom song I learned was Bed of Razors, and I've been playing less than 2 years so it took up a lot of time to practice it. Overall, most of that song is very easy, but the end of the solo is slightly tricky. After that, I learned Silent Night, Bodom Night... and I can honestly say that although the song seems more complicated, it's easier to play than Bed of Razors. The solo sounds like it might take some work, but I learned it in about 20-30 mins of practice. After playing SN,BN... Bed of Razors seems to go more fluently. Just a couple of days ago I learned all of Kissing the Shadows minus the solos, and now Silent Night, Bodom Night seems a lot easier because of different fingering and technique used in KTS.

Everytime I Die is an easy song to play but I haven't learned it because I think it seems boring to play. Hate Me! is very easy except for the soloing, but you can work on that later. As someone said earlier, Wrath Within is fairly easy but it has some tough little fills in it and the solo is pretty hard.

Hope my over-talkative rambling helps ya... :)

I personally suggest Angels Don't Kill. As its pretty slow and the overall song isnt very difficult. I would also advise to stay away from tabs. As if you do wish to improve your guitar skills and ear for music. Learning it from your own ear will be much more beneficial to you. It may not turn out perfect. But atleast you will have your own version of it, and you will feel better about it, because it all came from you.

good luck man!

I second the thing on ear vs. tabs.

I think tabs are good for exercises; especially ones that are a REAL pain in the ass to hear by ear(6 string sweeps by ear, you have to have a HELL of an ear). But for songs; I grew up nearly strictly by ear and even memory. I can barely even read sheet music; which is why I am not a pianist. Even tinkering with keys I did the ear thing.

But i mean, all people are different. Some have trouble learning by ear. I've met some people that played better with sheet music than tabs. I've met others that can't read a lick of sheet music but can outplay the people who can. I always said with guitar(or any instrument) you get out what you put in. Tabs or ear, notation or no notation, if you just keep at it with heart you'll get it, no matter if you're trying to learn a song or write one.

ok, ok, done my cheesy pep talk :D Good luck to ya.

bodomite: lake bodom? Surely you're joking! Haha. The opening riff is gonna scare the poor guy away and he'll never wanna attempt a Bodom song again! :p

Looking at it from the viewpoint of learning this song to train yourself as a guitarist... I think Bed of Razors is definitely the beginner song you want to learn first because you're gonna learn some good technique from this song. The other simple songs are simple because there's barely any lead in them. This song has a lot of lead playing that gets fairly challenging and it's gonna help you out in the long run.

i would say that everytime, bed of razors and some riffs on kissing the shadows, children of bodom, silent nigth bodom nigth... thats what i started... oh and touch like an angel of death!!! (first cob song tha i played :) )

Day_Before_Dawn said:
I personally suggest Angels Don't Kill. As its pretty slow and the overall song isnt very difficult. I would also advise to stay away from tabs. As if you do wish to improve your guitar skills and ear for music. Learning it from your own ear will be much more beneficial to you. It may not turn out perfect. But atleast you will have your own version of it, and you will feel better about it, because it all came from you.

good luck man!
Ah....I'm pretty good at figuring things out by ear. I usually try to figure out In Flames songs by ear because it's a pain in the ass to drop the guitar to C. I heard that the use B flat or some shit now, which is fucking ridiculous! Anyway...I'm fifteen years old and I've been playing for about 10 months. I figured out Behind Space by In Flames, (except for the solo.....and I'm also trying to figure out the background chords in the acoustic outro) Artifacts of The Black Rain (almost the whole thing), and Moonshield.(whole thing) And then I have bits and pieces of some Symphony X songs I've figured out in D. (The Begining of Of Sins and Shadows and the Rythm to Inferno) But Symphony X is a little to advanced for me at the current time. So, I'll stick to Bodom. I'm also pretty good at pinch harmonics, so playing the rythm for Bodom songs should be easy.