Easiest.stress free genre to record?

last band i did..i ended up hanging out with them afew times before recording.. so when it came to tracking, we had a right laugh! was good times! oh, they were a metal band aswell

The most stress-free recordings I've ever done were with Celtic groups. These guys have been playing since early childhood & are masters of their instruments. ...That & the gigs they play pay well, so they've got money to spend in the studio. ....and you get to record a lot of cool instruments that you might not get to work with in a metal project like tin whistles, low 'd' flutes, Bodhran, Cittern, all kinds of crazy shit. Hell, the lyrics are even more amazing than metal. Lots of "drink, fight, fuck" sort of stuff. Hilarious.

Hardly. Every rapper I've ever worked with has no clue how to arrange a song. You spend more time mapping the track out than recording it.

Bingo!

Do you have any idea how stress inducing a bad rapper / hip hop wannabe can be when they're tryin to "bust da rymz" and can't even follow the rhythm of the beat? Or how about trying to coax some life into their performance? Or how about (most importantly for a good recording) getting them to do both of the above WHILE enunciating clearly so you're not wasting time trying to track a mushmouth or wasting time trying to get said mushmouth to "pop" in the mix ...

Its not as easy as you might 1st think and again it all comes down to the same notion already covered in this thread ... you need to work with people with a good level of talent to reduce the stress factor in any project you jump into, regardless of style or genre

Anything but metal.
I've found drone to be pretty easy to record. Throw up a condenser and a 57, throw up the faders and you're set.

Bingo!

Do you have any idea how stress inducing a bad rapper / hip hop wannabe can be when they're tryin to "bust da rymz" and can't even follow the rhythm of the beat? Or how about trying to coax some life into their performance? Or how about (most importantly for a good recording) getting them to do both of the above WHILE enunciating clearly so you're not wasting time trying to track a mushmouth or wasting time trying to get said mushmouth to "pop" in the mix ...

Its not as easy as you might 1st think and again it all comes down to the same notion already covered in this thread ... you need to work with people with a good level of talent to reduce the stress factor in any project you jump into, regardless of style or genre

I'm sure this all is awful, but the thing that frightens me most about recording rap is that throaty "singing" the gangstaz sometimes do (and the associated utter lack of pitch and rhythm that undoubtedly accompanies it :loco: )

Wow no one has mentioned hip hop yet? Get some rappers in that just record their music to a beat. Thats as easy as it gets.

yea right man

first off, vocals are typically the toughest thing to get right...2nd, most rappers are talentless dipshits who have NO clue what they're doing

i tried doing the rap thing a couple times, and quickly gave up on that one

Acoustic singer songwriters... Stereo mic the acoustic and then track vocals. Throw some reverb on the vocal bus and boom.

Just record anyone who will want you to. I don't strictly record metal, obviously its what I am best at, but I would LOVE to record a jazz trio or something of the sort. the thought of ambiance and room mics and no replacement make me a happy camper. lol

any band that knows their shit and is able to give you a tight performance when tracking

And just about every jazz artist has their shit together as they are real musicians and know their theory - thus no editing is required.

EDIT: About the whole hip-hop/rapper thing. Yes I have heard about what happens most of the time with these, but when I was doing work experience in a recording studio, there was a rapper that came in (they weren't expecting him to show up) and he just rapped to a beat and with good timing too. When he got to the chorus part he sang with just the beat and absolutely no melodic instruments for pitch reference. Later when guitar was added we found that he had sang the entire chorus at perfect pitch with JUST the beat. I was pretty amazed by that, but I guess that was a once in a life-time experience. :lol:

Acoustic singer songwriters... Stereo mic the acoustic and then track vocals. Throw some reverb on the vocal bus and boom.

:D
Luckily an old friend of mine wants to come to me for some acoustic recordings so definitely a good starter point, just need to get some decent condensers and a bit of practice beforehand. But obviously I will take anything that i can get I'm not gonna shun any type of genre.

And just about every jazz artist has their shit together as they are real musicians and know their theory - thus no editing is required.

EDIT: About the whole hip-hop/rapper thing. Yes I have heard about what happens most of the time with these, but when I was doing work experience in a recording studio, there was a rapper that came in (they weren't expecting him to show up) and he just rapped to a beat and with good timing too. When he got to the chorus part he sang with just the beat and absolutely no melodic instruments for pitch reference. Later when guitar was added we found that he had sang the entire chorus at perfect pitch with JUST the beat. I was pretty amazed by that, but I guess that was a once in a life-time experience. :lol:

rap is easy money in the bank if you get someone who is talented...but most of those guys don't have a fucking clue on how to record, and won't listen to any of the shit you tell them

on top of that, there's TONS of bullshit that usually goes along with those guys...showing up late, cancelled sessions, drugs, guns, ho's, etc. etc.