Eastern Power Outages.

Steve M

Surasshu Metaru
Feb 1, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
www.anthrax.com
so, yeah. my power was out for almost 12 hours and it was one of the worst things ever.

no video games.
no guitar.
no tv.
no stereo.

I was at work when it went out and my District Manager made me stay for 2 and a half hours... even though he KNEW the power wasn't gonna come back on.

anyone else that couldn't cope with the power outages?

Reactions: GASOLINEDREAM
Steve M said:
so, yeah. my power was out for almost 12 hours and it was one of the worst things ever.

no video games.
no guitar.
no tv.
no stereo.

I was at work when it went out and my District Manager made me stay for 2 and a half hours... even though he KNEW the power wasn't gonna come back on.

anyone else that couldn't cope with the power outages?

A fellow Clevelander--Yep. No power until sometime after 3AM.

I am enjoying the power outage. Mass Chaos always puts a smile on my face. I got my 38 loaded , a few bottles of wine and a chance to catch up on my reading!

I never actually thought the conspiracies against my happiness were true until yesterday, when the entire east coast of America came together to preempt my favourite episode of The Simpsons to show a news report that the people it affected couldn't see.

It was kinda fun having no power last night. We had a sudden unplanned BBQ. We even invited over a Comsumers Power guy over, he was waiting for the rest of his crew to get dispatched to fix a neighbors gas leak.

Today has been shitty my car was almost out of gas and I work in one of the few towns near Detroit with power, so the lines are 45 minutes to and hour wait. I had my dad who lives 3 towns over bring me some gas he only had a 15 minute wait.

Now for the really shitty part, Anthrax is supposed to be playing in Detroit tomorrow and they may not get power back by then.

I just got power here about an hour ago. It was out for almost 23 hours.

Last night was kind of fun. We had a little block party and I just stood outside looking at the stars. Now, sleeping was another matter altogether. It was damn hot and sticky with no fans or anything.

Glad to see the powers back up. Its weird we had all those power problems in California but nothing that knuts. Here's too you \nn/

GASOLINEDREAM said:
We've been trying it--Sex, not walking!! :D It's great when your wife wants to use you for sex!! :tickled: :tickled:

Other things people have recommended are some weird type of tea and castor oil?

Okay, here's some stuff that might help.

First of all, NO CASTER OIL!! All it will do is give her the shits, and no one wants that, but especially not an overdue pregnant woman. Don't give her that if you want to see your children grow up.

Raspberry iced tea. I think it has to be herbal, because the shit at KFC does nothing.

About two weeks before Tonya was born, I saw on the news that women in Pennsylvania were swearing by eggplant parmesan, that this one restaurant couldn't sell enough of it and the place was full with pregnant women every night who came back a few days later (with a baby) and thanked them.

My doctor told me to try lobster. I had a seafood aversion in my third trimester, so I never tried it. He also said spicy food, but I wasn't in the mood for that either.

I walked Joey right out of me (my husband wouldn't put out). With Tonya, I walked so much I actually lost 5 pounds in 10 days, no small feat when you're 38 weeks along. And I got nothing. What did it is that my doctor stripped my membranes, and I then informed my husband when we got home that he was giving it up or dying, either one was fine by me. :D

Actually it's not so much the sex as the stimulation of the breasts. That causes the uterus to contract, which is one more plus for breastfeeding.

GASOLINEDREAM said:
We've been trying it--Sex, not walking!! :D It's great when your wife wants to use you for sex!! :tickled: :tickled:

Other things people have recommended are some weird type of tea and castor oil?

Hey, was that Mrs. Dream on the news today? Channel 19 had a lady who was scheduled to have labor induced today, instead it looked like she was just going to work.