Easy Metal Tabs

Hello, I have just started learning the electric guitar, (had my first lesson about a week ago).

Can anyone give me some easy songs to learn with?

The bands I like include:
Sonata Arctica
Opeth
Wintersun
Iron Maiden
Hammerfall
Blind Guardian
Helloween
Edguy
Symphony X
Kalmah
Etc etc etc...

I think its a little early to start playing wintersun and symphony x, but maybe try some maiden.
Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight were some of my first song, so give'r a shot.

I remember 'Hearts On Fire' by Hammerfall was one of the earliest songs that I could play. Along with that I learned a few Amon Amarth and At The Gates songs when I was getting going.

The bands I like include:
Sonata Arctica
Opeth
Wintersun
Iron Maiden
Hammerfall
Blind Guardian
Helloween
Edguy
Symphony X
Kalmah
Etc etc etc...

Ok, I don't think you'll find anything easy by Opeth, Wintersun, or Symphony X. Helloween and Blind Guardian tend to play pretty fast...
Edguy and Maiden are generally pretty simple. Not too well versed in Kalmah or Sonata Arctica...Hammerfall is also pretty simple.

But for someone who's just beginning, might want to try some of these first:
Judas Priest - Living After Midnight, Breaking The Law
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, Iron Man, Paranoid
Metallica - Master of Puppets

I remember 'Hearts On Fire' by Hammerfall was one of the earliest songs that I could play. Along with that I learned a few Amon Amarth and At The Gates songs when I was getting going.

The Pursuit of Vikings is really really easy and probably would help with your picking...

Well if you wanna play fast I would suggest learning some scales and playing them to a metronome and gradually increasing the speed.

The only easy Metal song I can think of now is Children Of The Grave by Black Sabbath.

hey if you want a really easy song you should try out turbonegro's song i got erection. it's more punk than metal but really cool and easy to play. also try some of the early devildriver songs and amon amarth.

You shouldn't just play music that you like. You should start with something very easy (some rock shit), then work your way up.

Hmm I would suggest starting with bands such as:
Amon Amarth, Nightwish, ACDC, KoRn, Nirvana, Deftones, Graveworm, The Police, Bolt Thrower & Black Sabbath.

They may not fit your personal taste but they at least they are all within Metal and Rock, although I would strongly recommend exploring other genres as well.

If you can't get them right away don't worry, just play it slower and eventually you should be able to build speed and play it at the normal rate.

black sabbath, amon amarth, maiden, and korn are all really easy, an sound pretty good as well.

but when i started playing i wasnt really a metalhead. i was a rock fan...oh how misguided i was.

uhg...corn...

anyhow...
Priest, Metallica, etc is all easy...

Try some punk rock. Stuff like the Sex Pistols and the Ramones is really easy...great stuff, too.