EBM anyone?

Heard some things of the style, but the only band I have heard quite extensively is Apoptygma Berzerk. They are very good (I was going to see them live this summer but the festival they were going to play was cancelled)

When it comes to electronic music I either prefer something more extreme (like noise) or more atmospheric (like trip-hop). But to tell you the truth I haven't manage to devote a lot of time to the style (basically due to lack of money).

I don't really care for electronic stuff anymore. A couple of years I started getting into trip hop like Moloko, Tricky and so on and house like Cassius, Daft Punk and so on, but it quickly started to bore me. The trip hop stuff although I find it mediocre seems a lot of times so corny. "Oh, I'm so cool. I've just bought the new Lamb cd and it's simply SO cool I tell you. Hi-hi!" I don't know if you know what I mean?
There are some electronic shit that I really don't like. Stuff like Techno-trance-goa-rave shit! "Nothing like a good friend" by Inscape is allright, but I think that's the only track in that department I would consider listen to (although I never listen to it). There's one genre that I feel that I can surely say that I HATE: Drum n' bass!!! A friend of mine is a major fan of that crap, so I've heard loads and loads of that crap. The only song in that genre I ever liked was Dom & Roland's "Can't punish me". I bought the 12", but after 5-10 listens I got tired of it (like all the other electronic records I had) and now I want to sell it. I was a major hip hop head for a couple of years, but when I started looking for the originals (99% of hip hop is stolen from old records if you didn't know) I found out that in all cases the originals are better! Hip hop got boring and I haven't listened to it for 2 years now. The originals still hold up!
Kraftwerk is a completely different story! I have 5 of their lp's abd 2 of their 12"'es. My favorite album of theirs is "The man machine", which is a really, really great record! Almost superb! Their next best record is "Computer world" IMO. "Trans-europe express" is also a good record. I also have "Autobahn" and "Radio-activity", but I don't think they're that good. Although it's a bit cheesy I think there's something about them that make it so great. It sounds very synthetic, overly synthetic even (and I don't like it when music sounds synthetic), but their melodies are good and often they sort of catch you in all it's simplicity. I also have their "Expo 2000" 12" and it's alright, but not more than that IMO. I've commented this before, but I don't think music today has the same quality level that it had before the 80's. This 12" doesn't mathc their earlier work and the same goes for a lot of other bands that are still playing. It's of course a matter of taste, but I think it's fair to say that all of the music of the 90's will be more or less forgotten in 20 years. The music of the 60's isn't forgotten today, and that says a lot!

i listen to a lot of ebm, synth-pop and electro-gothic bands. vnv nation are my favourites (my avatar is a bit of a giveaway, i'd say ;) ), but 80% of the cd's i buy these days is electronic music of some sort anyway.
a few suggestions for those who want to know ebm a bit more:

(band - song name)

seabound - hooked
neuroticfish - black again
merge - autumn leaf
funker vogt - gunman
neuroactive - play
re|work - sun
vnv nation - epicentre

rahvin.