Does anyone here like industrial type stuff?

tara

S.M.F.
Nov 29, 2002
Oklahoma
I like industrial such as old Ministry, Skinny Puppy, :wumpscut: , Chemlab and more EBM/Synth stuff like VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, Razed in Black, Evil's Toy, etc.
Am I alone on this and if not, what bands do you like and you suggest I check out?

Ministry and Apoptygma Berzerk are very good... Although ebm isn't really my style I like the later a lot... As for other bands... I've recently checked Scorn (a project of Mick Harris from Napalm Death) which are playing a strange kind of electronic music... Concerning industrial I'd say Fear Factory are interesting (though not excessively electronic). But when it comes to electronica I'd prefer to listen to either something more atmospheric, like trip hop or ambient, or something more "aggressive" like noise... From the other bands you mentioned i 've heard a couple of tracks from Skinny Puppy that sounded pretty good... Another somewhat industrial band you might want to check is Allerseelen...

Well, for EBM if you haven't tried them out Wolfsheim, Mesh, Bebon Beton, OMD, Tears For Fears, Icon Of Coil, Covenant, Front 242, Katscan, Project Pitchfork, Falco, The Laziest Men On Mars and the latest Monumtnetum album may appeal.. Some a vaguely gabberish tho :)

Industrial some cool bands on the more extreme side are Throbbing Gristle, Ultraviolence (more gabber than industrial really) and Sleep Deprivation. Plus there are some cool underground noise bands ATM like electrovomit and Micr.d.t.. :)

Icon of Coil are great!!! A friend just burned a few tracks of theirs for me.

Oh yeah, check out Malformed Earthborn if you like Godflesh-ish sounding stuff!

I must say that I really don't like industrial! All the stuff I've heard was pretty much crap! NIN, Pitchshifter and all that crap was pretty terrible IMO. I think I heard one song from Ministry's "Filthpig" though and it actually sounded a bit decent! I haven't heard since though, so maybe I should borrow the cd and check it out. I've heard some other songs by them from some other albums and they all sucked!!!
Fear Factory is cool enough though! I wouldn't exactly call it industrial though, but yes, they have some industrial elements. I heard something from the one they did before "Demanufacture" (their first if I'm not mistaken) and it was pretty much 100% crap. Probably aggressive and shit, but didn't have any good riffs, mood and it all just seemed to be noise to me. The stuff I've heard from "Remanufacture" was also crap, but maybe that's because I don't really like techno, dance and stuff like that. I heard the single from their newest I think it is and it was just mediocre. A little weak and "poppy".

Don't know if it really fits in here, but I feel the need to make some propaganda for Peter Tägtgren's PAIN, it has some industrial influences, don't know where to put it, some say it's techno metal or electro pop metal, but the fact is: it's great!
One of my favorite bands!

Industrial kicks ass! I love Zeromancer, KMFDM, and Apoptygma Berzker

I suggest you all get Zeromancer songs, its more of a electronic type maybe but they are realllllly good and underated I think, well in the US at least.....

Originally posted by Fractured
Yes! I forgot about them!:) And how'bout Nitzer Ebb?
Anyone like them?

I don't know Nitzer Ebb very well, but I heard (many many) years ago that incredible song: I think it called "Kick it". That song is so fu**ing great. From which album is that song?

Anybody heard about the british SULPHER - great NIN-like industrial metal; very atmospheric, including the best parts of NIN. Listen to "One of Us" or even better to "Problem" and you know what I'm talking about!!!!

I'm not a big fan of EBM, but i do enjoy industrial every now and then (red harvest, skinny puppy, ministry and such).
You should check out Vultures, they're an israeli act with a terryfing (and terrific) live show. They only released one EP, but there's talk of a full length some time soon...anyway: www.vulturesculture.com

I'm a big fan of industrial music, mostly electro indus & metal indus.
here's a little list of great songs worthing to be checked out i posted in another forum a while ago to advise a mate:

well first my all time fave : the grand FRONT 242!!then
Hocico ( "sucios pensamientos" )
Dulce Liquido ( "disolucion" )
Wumpscut ( "flucht" , "hang him higher" )
Velevet Acid Christ ( "speedball" , "fun with knives" )
Das Ich ( "destillat VNV nation remix " )
Die Form ( "silent order" , "the hidden cage" )
Terminal choice ( "animal" , "totes fleish" , "no paradise" )
BlutEngel ( "weg zu mir" , "du tanzt" )

For funniest things , i would advise you :

And One ( "wasted" , "get you closer" )
S.P.O.C.K ( "ET phone home" , "spacewalk" )
Chicks on Speed ( everything !)
Aphex Twin ( "windowlicker" , "bucephalus bouncing ball", "ventolin" )
Add N to X
Lt NO
Les tétines noires

and for coolier things , mostly electro pop :

Wolfsheim ( "once in a lifetime" , "kunstliche welten" )
Yendri ( "suck my life out" , "we are the machines" )
Covenant ( "dead stars" , "stalker" )
Ikon
Apoptygma berzerk ( "fade to black")

As for more metal orientated thingies, i'd say Front Line Assembly's "implode" ( a belter !) ohGr "weLt' album ( nivek ogre side project ), LOOM, ROb Zombie...and the last Paradise lost ! which is for me a metal indus album ! :)

hope this will enlighten some of you !

cheers!

Originally posted by elysian
Anybody heard about the british SULPHER - great NIN-like industrial metal; very atmospheric, including the best parts of NIN. Listen to "One of Us" or even better to "Problem" and you know what I'm talking about!!!!

instead of saying "great-NIN-like" , i'd actually say " too-much-NIN- like" :eek:

Yeah i heard some of their songs and i really felt like a big NIN rip off.
I can understand a band being influenced by Reznor's NIN , but fucken hell , there's limits!They even have same lyrics on some parts of some songs, i find it pretty sad.