Ebony Fingerboard > CRACK!

i am not sure if it's exactly lemon oil that i was unsing,
it smells kinda citrus like so i was assuming it is lemon oil.

the stuff i used on this fretboars is called FENDER FRETBOARD CONDITIONER
some time ago i read that this stuff is really good, so i bought it.

i am just preparing a thomann order, so i could order something
that may be better for an ebony fretboard. any suggestions!?

i also have some "old wooden furniture refresheening stuff" here but i am not sure it this should be used on a fretboard.

cheers
S.

Yeah, its probably lemon oil then.. most people use it because its great on rosewood, but its not as good on denser woods.
Try out that Dunlop stuff i linked to, never tried it my self.. but then again, i havent had a guitar with an ebony fretboard.

Yeah, its probably lemon oil then.. most people use it because its great on rosewood, but its not as good on denser woods.
Try out that Dunlop stuff i linked to, never tried it my self.. but then again, i havent had a guitar with an ebony fretboard.

ordered!
i hope it's good :)

cheers
S.

fill it with ebony dust from wet n dry paper off ebony wood (other piece) finished with resin then bring back to mat finish with wet n dry . Some of mine are cracked but they soon filled up with finger jam .

A little too much twist from the truss rod can do that. Sounds like a job for epoxy.

do you think that the lutherier i brought my guitar to
for setup, could have fucked up the FB by overworking the truss rod!?

cheers
S.

fill it with ebony dust from wet n dry paper off ebony wood (other piece) finished with resin then bring back to mat finish with wet n dry . Some of mine are cracked but they soon filled up with finger jam .

after i oiled the FB the crack closed a little bit, it's very minimal now.
i am not sure if the ebony wood dust will "get stuck" there now.
nevertheless i am going to try it.

cheers
S.