Eden's Fall shows

wildfyr said:
Feb 25 - Penny Road Pub

Oooh, I've only been to one CD release party - for November's Doom (The Pale Haunt Departure) at Delilah's. Maybe I should add another to my list.

Are Eden's Fall playing or just hanging out, getting drunk, and listening to their own CD??

Ken

We will be playing! All of our "CD Release Party" shows are actual gigs... Somehow I just can't get into the idea of listening to our CD at a bar, when we could be playing live!

Hey Ken,

We know about as much as you do... ;)

We have been trying to find out our set time, but have not received anything official.

The cover charge at Penny Road Pub is usually around $6-$8. We are playing in the basement (aka "The Underground"). There are 4 bands playing and the first one is supposed to go on at 9pm. The bar is open until 4am, so we are going to play sometime in between! :)

If we find out more details, we will let you know.

Danimal said:
There are 4 bands playing and the first one is supposed to go on at 9pm. The bar is open until 4am, so we are going to play sometime in between! :)

Ew. Unfortunately, that's probably enough information. With a 1.5 hour drive back to Valpo afterwards, that probably puts things a bit too late. Or, too early, depending on how you think about it. Dang. Maybe the Hang Out's show will look a bit better time-wise.

Ken

Danimal said:
Come on, Ken! We'll have you home ** before the sun comes up ** ... we promise!

That's the problem. My kids wake up right about when the sun comes up, like around 6am. I know it's not metal :headbang: to try to want sleep before 6am, but there's metal and then there's life :)

Ken

metalprof said:
That's the problem. My kids wake up right about when the sun comes up, like around 6am. I know it's not metal :headbang: to try to want sleep before 6am, but there's metal and then there's life :)

Ken

Very true. There's wildlife and domesticlife. :Spin:

metalprof said:

Ken

I'm only kiddin' w/ ya, Ken.:tickled: I know exactly what your talking about. As a matter of fact, for me the day after the gig (Sunday 2/26), I am having 30 relatives over to my house to have a 2nd birthday party for my son Jacob. That should be fun after being out until 5am :loco:

Sorry I didn't make the Penny Road show Saturday night. My first excuse not to go had been the late hours. But when I found out (thanks Dan!) that you were starting at 9pm, I planned to go after all. I even put on my Harmony of Lies shirt Saturday morning! Now I have never been to PRP before, and I only knew it was "northwest-ish". Saturday afternoon, I pulled out the atlas and looked at the Chicago insert, and saw that PRB is WAAAAAAAY Northwest-ish. (In fact, it's so far out it's not even really on the page at all, only the very beginning of Penny Road is.) So then I had to reconsider; the earliest I could leave was 7pm, and Valpo is already a bit more than an hour EAST of Chicago. So a trip to PRB would probably take 2 hours, and that's with no traffic problems at all. I'm lucky to get to O-Hare in 2 hours, and PRB is even farther.

I figured the best thing that could happen was I hit no traffic, and you guys started a bit late; that way, I'd probably catch the whole set. But, more likely, I would hit traffic someplace and you would start on time, and then I might miss some to all of your set. Considering it would be at least 4-hours round trip, I decided it wasn't worth the gamble :(

Anyway, I hope things went well, and I'll try to make one of the other upcoming shows. And Dan, I hope you got some sleep before your son's birthday party Sunday!

Ken

Valpo, IN to Barrington, IL is quite a haul. Sorry you couldn't make it, metalprof. Eden's Fall didn't go on until around 10. The Underground bar @ PRP wasn't completely packed but the guys still put on a good show for us. I'll have some pics coming up soon, probably before the end of the week.

That works out okay for me, Ray. I'll be at the Dream Theater show that night. I'll have to check the calendar o' events for Mar 25. I think Veneficum is playing somewhere that night and I might have to go check them out, but I'm not sure what else is on for that night yet atm.

Thanks for the update!

04/22/2006 03:00 PM -
Stage 83 10900 Archer , Lemont, IL 60439,US - 10
Eden's Fall ,Trip Rod, A Bitter Farewell, Venificum , Morning Star, Odins Forest & Soddom & Gomorrah!
ALL AGES!!!!! show
Eden's Fall will be on last