The Colonel said:
I highly doubt I can remember every show I saw this year, but I'll attempt;

1/21 Nile/Napalm Death/Dark Tranquillity/Strapping Young Lad @ Bash On Ash
4/18 The Cramps @ Nita's Hideaway
5/2 Danzig/Superjoint Ritual/Opeth/Nile/Lacuna Coil @ Mesa Amphitheatre
5/4 Meshuggah/Strapping Young Lad @ The Marquee
5/19 Social Distortion @ The Marquee
5/30 The Haunted/Shai Halud/Bleeding Through/Kataklysm @ The Marquee
6/6 Impaled/Vehemence/E.T.T.S./Screaming Afterbirth/Motive/Trail Of Gore/Inducing Terror @ Az Death/Grind Fest, Day 1, The Icehouse
6/7 Exhumed/Deeds Of Flesh/Severed Savior/Structure Of Lies/Asesino/Burn Victim/Excoriation @ Az Death/Grind Fest, Day 2, The Icehouse
7/2 Ozzy/Korn/Marilyn Manson/Cradle Of Filth/Voivod/Shadows Fall/Killswitch Engage @ Ozzfest, Cricket Pavillion
7/14 In Flames/Soilwork/Chimaira/Unearth @ The Cajun House
7/15 Rancid/Avenged Sevenfold/Face To Face/Dropkick Murphys/Poison The Well/Glassjaw/Pennywise @ Warped Tour, Peoria Sports Complex
7/23 The(fake)Misfits/The Dickies/Agnostic Front @ The Marquee
7/25 Whitesnake/Warrant/Kip Winger/Slaughter @ Cricket Pavillion
8/22 Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead @ Cricket Pavillion
9/7 Arch Enemy/Hate Eternal/The Black Dahlia Murder @ The Mason Jar
9/8 The Sex Pistols/Glass Heroes @ The Marquee
10/3 Poison The Well/Shadows Fall/Avenged Sevenfold @ The Marquee
10/8 From Autumn To Ashes/Cave In @ The Marquee
10/19 Primus @ Celebrity Theatre
10/28 Social Distortion @ The Marquee
11/5 Clutch/Red Tape/The Northside Kings/Greenhaven @ The Cajun House
11/10 Gorgasm/Pyaemia/Severed Savior/Spawn Of Possession @ The Mason Jar
11/15 Six Feet Under/Skinless/Behemoth @ The Marquee
11/20 Slayer/Hatebreed/Arch Enemy @ Mesa Amphitheatre
11/22 Shadows Fall/Lamb Of God/Killswitch Engage/God Forbid @ The Cajun House
11/25 Dimmu Borgir/Nevermore/Children Of Bodom/Hypocrisy @ The Cajun House
12/1 Cradle Of Filth/Type O Negative/Moonspell @ The Marquee
12/9 Lacuna Coil/Dog Fashion Disco/Eyes Of Fire @ The Mason Jar

That's all the ones I have ticket stubs for so I know the dates. In addition, I also saw this year;

Opeth/Paradise Lost/Tapping The Vein @ The Mason Jar
Dying Fetus/Skinless/Misery Index/Structure Of Lies @ The Big Fish Pub
Death On Wednesday @ The Big Fish Pub
Darkest Hour/Curl Up And Die/Life In Pictures @ The Mason Jar
Cursive/Still Life @ Nita's Hideaway
The Reverend Horton Heat @ Nita's Hideaway
The U.K. Subs/Toxic Narcotic @ The Mason Jar
Defiance/Icons Of Filth @ The Mason Jar
Black Hell/Sons Of Serro @ Jughead's
Phobia/Cripple Bastards/Magnet Plan/Structure Of Lies/Black Hell @ The Mason Jar
Immolation/Grave/Goatwhore @ The Mason Jar

That's all I can remember, but I know there was more.

Holy shit! I bow to thee :worship:, Colonel. Dhamn! :kickass:

fireangel said:
:) I agree with you, that there are people better adjusted to those circumstances, though here is also the question of, if they all do that voluntarily or are just excluded to chances..
But since I had only few hours sleep every night and also thought about these questions a lot during the last years, I don´t feel like discussing further now :( sorry. :)
Okay. Another time, perhaps. :)

Since Swallow the Sun was mentioned (again!) I have to say this: StS's keyboard player Aleksi is my friend. He's also a member of Funeris Nocturnum and Trollheim's Grått. Good times, I hope to see Swallow soon in Helsinki/ Espoo. :p

Reactions: Naku ist krig
@colonel: I'm green with envy.

the only decent show i've seen this year was assalti frontali + banda bassotti @ villaggio globale, rome. the fact that it was probably the third or fourth best show i've ever been to compensates for the lack of other adequate occasions.

only went to one:

April 26: BORN TOO LATE: Doom Metal Festival (Soulpreacher, While Heaven Wept, Pale Divine, Unearthly Trance, Penance, few others), at the Steel Music Hall in Rochester, NY

9 hours of DOOM!!

Here's the pix from the gig I went to couple hours ago.

My apologies for people who's on dial-up connection.

Ms. Fits:
msfits1.jpg

msfits2.jpg

Mistress of Reality:
mistress3.jpg

mistress4.jpg

AC/DShe:
ac2.jpg

ac.jpg

'Twas a great show.

Hearse said:
hömm.. Actually I dont know who was the female vocalist, but she were really great :)
We had gig there also with Swallow the sun and Silentium :D :cool:
:) alright. Noted down that if I have the chance, I go see Silentium, too.
And I know about your band already ;)

wildfyr said:
Okay. Another time, perhaps. :)
..though I was it who brought up the topic *cough*. My apologies. It is just like that, I spent years and years thinking & discussing about truckloads of topics, and now the recent two or three years I am more on the "living & experiencing"-side than philosphing all the time. I just needed something to balance all that weight of thoughts ;) Hope you understand what I mean. :)

Hmm... Macabre/Usurper/Diabolic/Inflict/Orion 9 @ Metro

Phew. Good thing it's not at the Fireside Hole or Rube's. o_O :devil: I dunno, Nick, if I go I'll see you there?

Yeah my friends band (Orion 9) is having their first metro show that night. So Im going to be there setting their shit up. I dont know how the crowd will react, they are sort of like nu-metal meets Southern rock.

So if you show I'll probably see you there :).

Nick

Wolfman Von Jones said:
Yeah my friends band (Orion 9) is having their first metro show that night. So Im going to be there setting their shit up. I dont know how the crowd will react, they are sort of like nu-metal meets Southern rock.

So if you show I'll probably see you there :).

Nick
Ok. We'll see what happens next week. There is another show the following night at Oasis One-Sixty. Another colorful lineup consisting of : Fleshgrind/Anal Blast/Envy the Dead/Evil Incarnate/Enforsaken/Pschotogen/Decadent

Are you going to that one? :heh:

To everyone: thanks for sharing your '03 recaps with us. have a very rockin' holiday!! :wave:

wildfyr said:
Ok. We'll see what happens next week. There is another show the following night at Oasis One-Sixty. Another colorful lineup consisting of : Fleshgrind/Anal Blast/Envy the Dead/Evil Incarnate/Enforsaken/Pschotogen/Decadent

Are you going to that one? :heh:

To everyone: thanks for sharing your '03 recaps with us. have a very rockin' holiday!! :wave:
I just love the choice of word you chose, colorful, to describe the bands... especially Anal Blast. :lol:

i was at the anti-xmas-metalfest last saturday. bands were: misery index , graveworm, amon amarth, dew scented, nile, destruction, deicide.
it was really really great - especially the first band was better than i expected.

but.....

somehow...

i nodded off when destruction played :lol: :oops: honestly, i was not drunk - it was no passing out, i swear! i just sat down a bit and somehow... nodded off, haha!