Concerts - 2003

i saw lacuna coil, moonspell, passenger and poisonblack on the 30th.
poisonblack were just funny (=embarrasing); considering sentenced's frontman plays guitar i hoped for something better.
passenger were quite nice, although with the voice of anders of in flames it sounded very similar to this band.
now moonspell was something i really enjoyed, the new album seems to be listenable, and they didn't refrain from playing wolfheart and irreligious stuff.
and lacuna coil were, as always, boring.

@VultureCulture: so you were at the same gig as me? In LMH Cologne? *hehe* I don´t agree with you in everything, only that LC is boring, and that is why I left before they started ;)

Were did you stand? I like to find out about Anders´ vocals, if it was only in the front that they were partly hard to hear, or if that was everywhere. Because my friends told me that for Lacuna Coil, they´d almost didn´t hear her singing in the front, and someone else who was in the back, said, sound was brilliant, including vocals.

Poisonblack were cool =) though JP was so nervous that he´d run over stuff on the stage all the time ;D Had you known their songs before or have you heard them there the first time?

heh, during poisonblack and passenger i stood at the bar on the right most of the time, during moonspell i went right into the middle of the crowd. as lacuna coil played i went back again tho.
the sound was really good a few paces away from the front row, but that is likely the case because the sound engineer had his stand right in the middle.
as for poisonblack, no, i didn't know their material.

okay. Well, I know that the sound at the mixing table is best ;) but imho they should be able to give good sound to the front_aswell ;)

I love that Poisonblack-CD, to me it is truly like a combination of STD and Charon, but in the good way of the meaning. I like all three bands very much :) *what a surprise since I am a hopelessly fallen for gothic-metal ;)*
I was happy to hear the songs live, especially as you most_likely won´t see that combination again; JP won´t sing on the next album anymore, too much for him being in two bands.