Edge of Sanity, When All Is Said

DeathThrashProg

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2008
so tempted to buy this, but the trouble is, the Crimsons seem to be shorter than the versions on the Crimson Albums.
Apparently, the Crimson I on When all is said is 38:35, but on the actual Crimson album it is 40:00.
also, the Crimson II is 41:22, and the actual Crimson II album is 43:00.

so, does anyone know what has been done to the tracks here?

cheers.

It is a perfect buy minus that small stuff, but I agree I don't like the shortened ones.

When All Is Said is worth it though.

well the good thing is that it crashes right into CII after "the queen with the clear blue yes". and it's remastered. you might like it better then getting CI and CII seperately.

the worst thing imo is that there's no lyrics for the Crimsons in the booklet :(

oh no! thats ruined it for me, When All Is Said looked like a perfect buy.

The remastered tracks are worth the buy, particularly Crimson II. I was kinda peeved at the idea of editing them to get both of them on there, but honestly, the edits are very minor.

I didn't really think Crimson I needed to be remastered, but the remaster of II is a definite improvement from the original.

alright, if you say so. its the intro to Crimson II i am worried about though...

I like the song better without the intro. It's very cool to have a "direct start" to such an epic track, just as in Crimson I. Plus the intro comes in later in the song, and rather than being a repition it becomes a very nice part of the song.

You should DEFINATELY get WAIS if you havent got any EoS CDs yet.

i bought it, its totally worth it. the production on crimson 2 is sooooo much better. all thats missing is the synth opening, and one of the melodys on one part loops once instead of twice, its barely noticeable. plus there is a whole section on crimson 2 that is new. its about 4 mins long, and its awesome! dan did a great job with the editing give it a buy!

haha, dude there really is a section that is not in my original copy of crimson 2. i just double checked to make sure

maybe my cd is a glitched copy, that fucking sucks.....

its between passage of time and the silent threat. it has a crazy guitar solo in it, and a a bit of clean singing. but i know its not on my original copy

well i have a retail copy, bought it off amazon when it was first released.

and as for the track # of the section im talking about (in all is said) i'll double check the cd when i get home. the version on my ipod i combined the tracks together, because on "all is said" the entire 2nd disk (crimson 1 and 2) are split into like over 100 tracks. they were like 30 seconds each so i decided to put the tracks together like the original crimson 2, but when i get home i'll check the tracks on the cd for the part im talking about.