Edguy-King of Fools

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Edguy-King of Fools

Nuclear Blast 2004

www.edguy.net/

www.nuclearblastusa.com/

When a band puts out an E.P. between records, it’s usually a mixed bag of material that wasn’t up to snuff. Edguy’s "King of Fools" is no exception, it features the title track which will be on their upcoming record "Hellfire Club." This E.P. could hurt the band’s chances of any potential sales. Two of the three tracks are keepers & the other three throw aways, that you could probably listen to once & hope to never hear again. Clearly, the strongest track on this E.P. is the title track followed by a non lp track titled "Holy Water." I’m not clear on how a band with above average musicianship & the ability arrange some catchy power metal, would not seek guidance in the lyrical department?

This band is on the verge of something big, but if the lyrical content on this E.P. is any indication of what the next record will be like, I would be concerned. A friend of mine described the band as a cross between Iron Maiden & Halloween. I find his depiction of the band to be accurate & I feel the band could be as well known as those bands.

I close with some excepts from "New Age Messiah," "Pardon Fucking me, who the fucking fuck is Jesus? I’m the motherfucking new messiah for the fucking world."

You get the idea...

SIXXSWINE-

The Band:

Tobias Sammet-Vocals, Keys

Jens Ludwig-Guitar

Dirk Sauer-Guitar

Tobias "Eggi" Exxel-Bass

Felix Bohnke-Drums

The Content:

1.) King of Fools-:worship:

2.) New Age Messiah-:ill:

3.) The Savage Union-:erk:

4.) Holy Water-:worship:

5.) Life & Times of A Bonus Track-:ill:

I close with some excepts from "New Age Messiah," "Pardon Fucking me, who the fucking fuck is Jesus? I’m the motherfucking new messiah for the fucking world."

That's pretty bizzare, considering Tobias Sammett was pretty religious last time I checked :X

Connauch said:
That's pretty bizzare, considering Tobias Sammett was pretty religious last time I checked :X
Lemme clear it up for ya :Spin: this should explain that and more

"By the way: the word "FUCKING" is not fashionable or trendy... I mean "FUCKING" was always there. Dudes fucked in old Rome, old Egypt, old Greece. They fucked everywhere, on the floor and in the kitchen and they liked it!

And the word "fucking" is quite old. In fact, even if dinosaurs would have fucked a little more they wouldn't have died out! It proves that fucking can save species. And you want to BAN it from a DISC??? :)

You see, nothing new, and using it in lyrics is nothing really new either. (FUCK LIKE A BEAST, HELL YESSS" It's just fun... To DO it and to say it! Both!!! ;)

And in fact I think it is not even one time on the album. FUCKING SHIT!!! Uaaaarghhh, I forgot it...

As for the lyrics of New Age Messiah. I think it is boring to explain meanings of lyrics as it kills your imagination, but when things are being misunderstood I feel responsible to make the smoke clear:

The song is about an idiot that is becoming a big star because the media wants him to be! And he arises, goes crazy, likes his position and becomes megalomaniac, believing he is meant to be a kind of Jesus!

That's it! " TSammet