editing simultaneous hits

zenx

eat glass
hey everyone. i am currently in the midst of editing drums (my first try) for the current session and I came across a problem:
what do you do with the sections where there are multiple hits simultaneously and they are off relative to each other?
like there's a double bass part and the snares tend to be a little late compared to the kick. :yell:

how do you usually go about editing that one?

also: any tips/tutorials for quantizing/editing drums in sx? what's the fastest/easiest approach?

Before you do anything make sure you have a backup of the tracks.

If it's possible, I try to grab the part from another section of the song. If that's not possible, I'd just try to move the snare up so that it hits at the same time as the kick. Use your eyes first to line up the waveforms, then your ears to adjust it so that it sounds natural and hope that it didn't bleed too much into the other mics or things can get a little more complicated.

Hello! Remember not to only move the snare, but also the oh's,room,hat,ride etc. otherwise it will sound thin and unwated flams occur between oh and snare.. You could make a edit-group with all drumtracks (except the kick) and just nudge the snare until it's in time with the kick(or click eeh?)
Good Luck!!