"El Norra Alila" - stories from the gig.

That was the best and the longest OL show I've ever been to...
2 hours and 20 minutes was just the Orphaned show...great vibes
moshing every 30 seconds, heavy smoke, lots of friends from Israel and outside of it...what's not to like

@Yossi...you forgot to add the national anthem to the playlist

@Metal_Head...the band other band that played was Distorted(from my siganture) who're great friends with the OL guys and with me(because I'm cool and absolutely not gay)...they promised a cover and did a Doom-ish version of Europe's "Final countdown"(80's glam hair metal...fuck yeah!)
basicly made a pretty good version of a really gay song(not Hammerfall gay but close)

FUCK! (sorry for swearing) Do I chose teh wrong occasions to go and see an Orphaned Land show? I missed the one at the Shuni fortress and this one and both times I hear it was the best show.
Or maybe it is because none of you have been to the shows I saw??? I console myself with the latest remark I made.

I am happy you got to see a great show. I already heard that Yossi's father ( who sings Shir Hama'alot) was there to perform!!!

I want to put in my list of great shows: RTN festival in Turkey,the last gig of the Paradise Lost tour in Paris and the acoustic set at the PP USA. But the one I liked the best was the show in Istanbul January last year- where part of the ceiling came down from the stamping/clapping etc- heheh. Also because a lot of friends were there to join the party.

Thanks for the comments and the pictures ( haven't seen all of them yet) I'm already looking forward to the shows in Turkey!!!

The Final Countdown is that guy from N Sync gay. I hate that song and with all my heart! The only Europe song I can stand is Scream Of Anger, and the Arch Enemy version is much better. The Nostredameus version is pretty good too.
The only glam band that I can come close to not loathing is Nitro. The music sucks badly, but the Jim Gillette's falsetto reminds me of King Diamond at times and I don't think I have to mention the guitar work of Michael Angelo Batio. I forget the drummer's name, but he is excellent too. I wouldn't recommend buying OFR though (I haven't listened to any of their other albums, if they did have other albums). The music really is terrible. The only song I can listen to without skipping to where the falsettos or guitar solos are is Fighting Mad.

Part of the ceiling came down from one of the shows?! Wow! The only thing like that I can think of is when Cronos from Venom was playing his bass and he destroyed part of the building from it (I saw it on Blabbermouth).
Though there was also that time I saw Dimmu Borgir and the ice in my cup and a few other people's cups just shattered.

paradoxile said:
The fact that it's a classic doesn't make it any less gay
the whole glam genre is gay by deffinition

It sure is. A bunch of dudes in women's clothes and makeup, including lipstick, making shitty music. That is also the definition of glam.

I didn't know The Final Countdown was a classic though. It seems like everyone always makes fun of it.

Metal head87 said:
It sure is. A bunch of dudes in women's clothes and makeup, including lipstick, making shitty music. That is also the definition of glam.
That just sounds like japanese rock... And I happen to love japanese rock:cry:

The fact that it's a classic doesn't make it any less gay
the whole glam genre is gay by deffinition
:yuk:

Everyone in Japan dresses like that though. I saw this travel show about Japan, and I couldn't believe that stuff they were wearing! I've been to Japan before, but I was a kid, so I wouldn't remember how people dressed. I do remember the talking toilets though!
At least the way Japanese rock artists dress is not as bad as those cartoons or video games where you cannot tell the difference between the guys and the girls, or is it? I've never seen them so I don't know for sure.

I do think that wiggers and emos are more annoying though.

Yeah I'd like to see all this information too...

And I thought the final countdown was fucking badass, I heard the practice for it when I was waiting inside, I thought it was cool with everyone singing and everything too even though it's cheesy :D but damn was that vocalist hot.

Metal head87 said:
Is the musician guest list online?
Holy S*it.

Do you people check sometimes the Orphaned Disciples fanc club news, or is this website here just for fun and the people who make it?

The list in the latest news of the Orphaned Disciples.

it was awesome, but the sound sucked, its that theatre club, opeth also performed there couple of months ago and the sound sucked...
i love my country very much, but i think that koby overdid with all that talking about the eternity of the hebrew nation and such... the last three weaks everybody is talking with me about the war and we always hearing bombings here in the north, so i wanted to get a relief in that show from all that...

It's better than complete apathy...
I agree with you about the sound...it was shitty but only during the OL show
the Distorted sound was ok.
The sound on the opeth show was horrible...
lazy soundman/men