Electronic Sneapsters?

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
I'm getting back into production of drum and bass and electronica recently; after a loooooooong hiatus - my mindset has done a 360 ... and now I can find appreciation in electronic music, where for ages I just couldn't.

Now I know Driller does some dubstep type stuff, and I'm pretty sure there are a few other people around here. Anyone else?

I dig electronic music, but mostly more ambient/atmospheric type stuff. I like psytrance stuff too, but haven't ever really made a serious attempt at making any psytrance.

I love mixing ambient/atmospheric stuff with metal and prog rock though.

80's-90's industrial is where it's at for me. Skinny Puppy and my new favorite Dead When I Found Her. I'm all about Electronic music lately.

I grew up with music like Jarre, and this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup im big on electro pretty much dont listen to metal for the last year all electro, rock and pop im digging mstkrft a lot latley

I listen to more electronic music than metal :) but a good combination of both is what tickles my funnybone :kickass: I have one or two electro songs on most of my own albums, with a special one coming later this year. Mostly dark ambient and industrial.

In my sig Vortech link, you can download all the albums. The electro songs are:

Apoapsis Mentis
End Game
The Silence
Wasteland Roamers
Deep Beneath

Edit:
Oh right, I forgot I have them on youtube :lol: here you go:

What do you listen in D'n'B now? I'm in Pendulum and Noisia, and some old Prodigy (the fat of the land) and Justice.
Can you show me some good dubstep please?

I'm listening to a whole bunch of stuff recently but I'm especially fond of Photek, Spor, Squarepusher, and a few tunes by DatA.

Prodigy have been a mainstay since I was 12. Jilted is one of my all time favourite albums.

As for my stuff, I'm slowly getting back into producing. Not had an awful amount of time recently for it, but the vibe has gotten me again. Think it's a combination of reading some Jeff Noon and relistening to some old classics - has given me the juice!! I'm doing this kind of shit at the moment:

Man Bites Man
Women With Wings Are Not Angelic

I listen to more electronic music than metal :) but a good combination of both is what tickles my funnybone :kickass: I have one or two electro songs on most of my own albums, with a special one coming later this year. Mostly dark ambient and industrial.

In my sig Vortech link, you can download all the albums. The electro songs are:

Apoapsis Mentis
End Game
The Silence
Wasteland Roamers
Deep Beneath

Some cool tunes but I defenetly waiting for the Black metal/D'n'B track of your forthcoming album!

bit of Pendulum, some old Photek, the most recent Prodigy album is fucking killer.

Good dubstep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHjxJItKbLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlKpshuIA8

and

http://boomkat.com/downloads/307043-kuei-saturn-ep

Thanks for showing some dubstep, didn't know much this kind of music

I'm gonna come straight out and say it,

Over the past few years I've found making Electronic Music to be more fun and artistically fulfilling than making Metal Music.

anyone else?

Yeah, me too. In fact I'm working on my first album and decided two years ago after listening to 'system" of in flames and "terminus" from Dark Tranquillity and some Pendulum that I want to do a mix of electro/d'n'b/melo death. But I was like: "electronic/d'n'b stuff is really easy; I just have to put a preset synth and let's go!".... after really working and learning this kind of music, it appears that it's really difficult to make a good d'n'b/electro tunes! Way harder than a metal song with only gtrs/bass/drum/vox. Here you have to make each sound with the perfect texture you want, presets rarely work... and that's for me is like sculpture, and every detail is important. I learned a lot working at mixing metal/electro/d'n'b stuff. That's like new matter with endless possibilities to model, really more complex and open than just metal.

I'm listening to a whole bunch of stuff recently but I'm especially fond of Photek, Spor, Squarepusher, and a few tunes by DatA.

Prodigy have been a mainstay since I was 12. Jilted is one of my all time favourite albums.

As for my stuff, I'm slowly getting back into producing. Not had an awful amount of time recently for it, but the vibe has gotten me again. Think it's a combination of reading some Jeff Noon and relistening to some old classics - has given me the juice!! I'm doing this kind of shit at the moment:

Man Bites Man
Women With Wings Are Not Angelic

Just relisten to Jilted... some awsome tunes for sure!

Thanks to all for giving new names like Photek, Spor, Squarepusher, DatA, Burial. going to listen asap.

For D'n'B production, what do you use for drum samples? For kick I use 808/909 kicks+various kick, so that's ok for kick, but I need more modern "chimical and fat" snare samples, just found some cool in the Ray Keith loopmaster one, don't know if someone have some drum sample library that he uses more than other.