Electronic music

Rumpole

Dust and Bones
Apr 18, 2006
Perth, Western Australia
I'm looking for some good electronic music. I'll admit that I'm not at all familiar with the genre, but I've heard parts of Ulver's Perdition City and quite enjoyed it, I'm looking for something along those lines, also I like the electronic aspect of Antimatter a lot. So if anyone could recommend some essential electronic/electronica (is there a difference?) albums or anything along the lines of what I described above, I would be most appreciative. Cheers.

I´m not too familiar with this genre. I guess the only albums I listen to which might fit into this genre (at least to a certain extent) are "I" and "II" by Qntal, "Helium Vola" and "Liod" by Helium Vola and Tactile Gemma´s eponymously titled debut album. However, all of these sound different from the stuff I just listened to on Orbital´s and Boards of Canada´s myspace-pages, so I don´t really know if they are what you´re looking for. Find out for yourself.

np: Mekong Delta - "Back Home"

Trance: Age of love - age of love, Alphazone - Flashback, BT- Flaming June, DJ Sasha - Xpander, CM - Dream Universe, Kayestone - atmosphere

House/Garage: Aly Us - Follow me, 808 state - pacific, Mr. fingers - can you feel it?, Joe Smooth - Promised land.

Acid House: D-Mob - We Call It Acieed, Phuture - Acid Trax, Fast Eddie Acid Thunder.

Drum N Base: anything by dieselboy or AK1200

Hardcore/Rave: Human Resources - Dominator, Messiah - TempleofDreams, LA style - James brown is Dead, Channel X - Rave the rhythm, DJ Omar Santana - Power Pill

Also Check out Ishkurs guide to electronic music http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

or contact me on AIM I'll send you a copy of all the Electronic music I have

Kraftwerk and Aphex Twin I am slightly familiar with and I've heard of Tangerine Dream and Autechre but I'm unfamiliar with Klaus Schulze. Cheers for the recs, I'll check them out now.

Talking Heads

Also try The Mars Volta, I wouldn't call them Electronic but they use a lot of Electronic effects.

Last edited by a moderator: