Who does electronic music in here?

BT writes his own plugins.

He made some of his own for the sole purpose of writing this binary universe but I'm sure he did some for previous albums as well. His company, Sonik Architeks are coming out with a few plugs 'later this year' :Smug:

But anyways, I got cubase to snap to any setting I choose and glitches and stutters are so much easier then trying to use a stupid plug in.

After my search for another DAW style app for making electronic/house/dance/techno etc. I realized I could do it all in cubase just as you explained. Even though I've been listening to it for so long it's so much harder to make it then I realized.

Just curious, what are you using for your drums? Right now I'm using the rewire funtion from Reason but I'm not digging that too much. Unless I bounce to track, there is no way for me to add a sub-synth to really beef up the bass kick without effecting the other samples.

For keys I've got NI's Komplete 4 (Pro-53 is giving me issues) , Massive, and Geforce's MiniMonsta.

:headbang:

I basically still work with Battery and of course Stylus RMX. Other than that I love: Trilogy, Atmosphere (a bit of Spectrasonics Fanboy, admitedly), MiniMonsta (like you), Vanguard, Novation V-Station, Novation Bass-Station and Mr. Ray73 ...

I demoed Massive and didn't like it too much, same with FM7 or FM8 ...

Cubase is enough for me. I don't like FL much, as even when tweaked around it sounds too much like every other electronic band in Finland.

I use a big load of different VST-instruments in Cubase and use the automation of it for tweaking stuff. Works nicely except when you try to copypaste some automation - it crashes Cubase directly and Cubase forces you to save to a new file. But other than that, it's nice and easy to work with.

As for sounds etc, there is a reason why almost all electronic albums have hundreds of tracks per each song ;)

Cubase is enough for me. I don't like FL much, as even when tweaked around it sounds too much like every other electronic band in Finland.

I use a big load of different VST-instruments in Cubase and use the automation of it for tweaking stuff. Works nicely except when you try to copypaste some automation - it crashes Cubase directly and Cubase forces you to save to a new file. But other than that, it's nice and easy to work with.

As for sounds etc, there is a reason why almost all electronic albums have hundreds of tracks per each song ;)

Is it even possible to to certain knob automations and such in cubase?

One thing I don't understand how to do (sort of hard to explain) but it sounds like there's a heavy, slow flanger/phaser or some sort of hard EQ filter that leads into another part of the song. Adds many layers of epicness.

yeah i dont know what everyone sees in reason, to me its like a very big vsti that is annoying to load up. if you have a few good synth vsti's and library of drum samples youre good to go in cubase alone

yeah i dont know what everyone sees in reason, to me its like a very big vsti that is annoying to load up. if you have a few good synth vsti's and library of drum samples youre good to go in cubase alone

So in Komplete, I got Battery 3 as well as the library samples from 1 and 2 and they are more then usable so I'm probably going to see what I can do with those and skip Reason usage.

:headbang:

Is it even possible to to certain knob automations and such in cubase?

Some VSTs don't follow the standards properly and you have to manually automate (eh-heh) through the CCs instead of clicking R and W in Cubase. The worst case is reFX Vanguard, where the CCs don't even have a name - you have to guess what "CC 47", "CC 86", and so on does. They don't have their names given. If I remember, CC 47 is the cutoff for Oscillator 1 and 86 is the Resonance for it.