Eleven

garry666

Oct 17, 2007
though im not big on software amp simulators digidesigns eleven is prety fuking sweet its got speaker breakup controls and tons of other cool features.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried this program and what they thought of it, obviously its not perfect but i think its got some advantages.

i didn't try it becaus I don't use protools. Somebody should post a metal tone of it, and not the sc00ped stuff like on the digidesign site

it's pretty good, but it's not as good for metal as some of the stuff people post using impulses and revalver. It's pretty good though. if you check my soundclick in my signature, there's an eleven test using the soldano model.

i demoed it and thought it was dope as far as clean tones go. it uses impulses in the cabinet simulation. i wasn't impressed by the hi-gain sounds, but i don't like any hi-gain sims, not even revalver, so i'm impossible to please in that regard. it sounded better with the cab sim off and using guitarhack's impulses. still, i have an obsession to not use any sim tracks in productions and so i always end up using a real amp. to me, it just seems so much each easier to get a useable tone with an amp in the first place. i just wanted to demo it to check it out.

it's pretty good, but it's not as good for metal as some of the stuff people post using impulses and revalver. It's pretty good though. if you check my soundclick in my signature, there's an eleven test using the soldano model.

That actually sounded pretty good!

yeh i wasnt too impressed with the distorted tones out of it but then again it was modeling a mesa an a marshal and im not a big fan of either of those brands, but the clean was fairly good, ill try to post some clips some time.

Used it in a pinch for cue sends when the band wanted to track live but the rest of them showed up late due to having a flat tire TWICE...idiots...they're great though, so i kid, but it saved us, they were like...wow, my tone sucks ass... and I was like......thank god for amp sims.