Orange Tiny Terror for Metal - Yay or Nay?

Some of the worst tones I've ever heard :p

Not my video. Get in touch with the guy if you want to comment, talking to me about the video is less productive than doing nothing.

I did another clip....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/630473/FatChannel_Quad.aif

This one I quad-tracked, two mics. SM57Beta on the cone, RodeM3 on the edge.

Even if you don't like my recording, its pretty obvious that this thing can do metal.

Not my video. Get in touch with the guy if you want to comment, talking to me about the video is less productive than doing nothing.
I was not talking about you. I know who the guy in the video is, it'is Chapman from Chapman guitars. I was just commenting that it sounded really bad (talking about the Orange amp). Gosh.

so much agro - sorry for asking the question - lol - yea after so much reading now i think im all geared up to grab a tiny terror

who wants a free 6505+ then? lol

hahaha i know joshua - im not selling it or anything, i know it would crucify the tiny terror - i want to invest in a small tube amp for gigging because my current rig is getting difficult to truck around

I'm surprised of the sound it can give. For the bucks it could be a cool idea to run it into a good 1x12 or 2x12, to benefit from its little size in a room like mine :)

I would take a 6505+ way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way before a tiny terror.

Sorry, but this is a really ignorant thing to say. They are both good at different things. You cannot crank a 6505+ in a bedroom and get a good metal tone; not without killing your neighbours. The TT and DT you can push a lot further in a bedroom setting.

Use the right tool for the job.

Ever since I got my Krank Rev Jr Pro, I will never ever ever ever again drag a full-sized head to a gig. *, **

* Unless something is broken and I have to use one of my other heads.

** Unless I get a roadie.

I'm well chuffed. Went into my local store today and the manager is gonna do me a Tiny Terror for £219! The temptation to buy a few and sell some on ebay is very strong!

Check out the Krank Rev Jr Pro before buying the Tiny Terror. It's a fantastic little amp. MetalJonesy posted a great clip ages ago, so when he put his Rev Jr up for sale, I grabbed it!