Emotional Piano Music

SWAT

Nothing but Metal!
Oct 21, 2004
Southern California
I'm looking for some Emotional Piano music. Mainly solo piano without any instruments, but an occasional violin here and there is fine by me. Anyways, what I mean by emotional piano is mainly sad and deppressing, but at the same time very "beautiful" sounding piano. If that makes any sense. Basicaly as long as it's not the happy go lucky piano music I'm fine with it. So yea... If anyone knows of any cd's containing this kind of music please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

SWAT

:)

Chopin - Nocturnes (try to find the Arthur Rubinstein 2-disc set if you can)
The Piano (movie soundtrack)
Somewhere in Time - John Barry (movie soundtrack)

Chopin, Chopin, and Chopin. The end-all, be-all of romantic piano. The epitomy and absolute pinnacle of expressive music for the piano. Nocturnes, Preludes, Waltzes, Mazurkas, Polonaises, Ballades... listen to them all.

Then if you want, check out Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Debussy, Schumann, Schubert, and Brahms for some other excellent romantic piano music.

OMGZ URE SUCH A N00bZ!!!oMGGOMG IMAGNE BY JONNNH LENUN > ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Dax Johnson is the most emotional pianist I have ever heard. It will be hard to find him on the internet though because he isnt very popular, but he is gaining popularity quick. He is dead though so he only was able to put out a few CDs. Here is a video that combines, I think, three of his songs:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=axeR8ovYBUw

dont forget to thank me afterwards!! =)

211-jV5jbvL._AA160_.jpg

41XXJWT16FL._AA240_.jpg

31PD5FNNJQL._AA240_.jpg

l08239ax53a.jpg

Dane Rudyhar - Advent/Crisis & Overcoming/Transmutation

A twentieth-century French composer, esotericist and author, Dane Rudhyar is often linked with Modernism, due to the emphasis on dissonance in his compositions. Rudhyar, like Britain's Gustav Holst, was in actual fact a musical mystic whose works drew on and evoked Vedic lore and Hindu sacred music.

These three later works (the first two performed by The Kronos Quartet, the latter by pianist Maria Mikulak) illustrate the strength of Rudhyar's work: passionate, mysterious, and moving toward an almost ambient sensibility, beautiful without being cloying, dissonant without being obnoxiously flashy.