Emperor v. Dark Tranquillity (The Rematch)

Emperor v. Dark Tranquillity (The Rematch)

• Total voters

NeXTLiFE

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Oct 1, 2002
Downunda
Visit site
Ok, ok, I know everyone's probably had their fill of "band v. band" polls lately, but I couldn't resist submitting this rematch. As most of you would be aware, the most hotly contested "battle" in the recent Battle Of The Bands competition (in which Opeth appear to be on the brink of a resounding victory over a gallant Anthrax in the final) was between these 2 bands.

In a poll that lasted 48 hours and accrued 160 votes Emperor snuck home by 2 votes. Reason enough for a rematch "just for the helluvit".

Another reason could be that, of the people who actually bothered to POST their opinions, Dark Tranquillity were slightly more in favour.

Another might be that, in the final 30 minutes of the original poll, Emperor got 6 unanswered votes (without any further posts) to turn a 4 vote deficit into a 2 vote victory.

Yet another might be that, after a mild turnout of 14 voters against Amon Amarth and 11 voters against Morbid Angel for narrow victories, suddenly 81 Emperor fans came out of the woodwork to vote in the battle with Dark Tranquillity before meekly submitting with only 26 voters in an insipid display against Anthrax and copping a hiding in the semi-final!

So........thus beginneth the Rematch!

(I wonder if Opeth will get to drink the same brand of beer at Naf's place that Anthrax would've got..:lol:)

i don't see the reasons for a rematch: emperor winning was perfectly regular imo. people don't have to actually post saying who got their vote, and if someone decided to give emperor the winning hand just in the nick of time, this still means they liked emperor more than dark tranquillity.
anyway, it's pretty obvious who i voted for before and now. :rolleyes:

rahvin.

Enjoy both bands equally. Tis 50/50 for me really. I voted Emperor last time, but i'm slightly more in a DT mood today, so i'll vote them. (I think it's cuz i'm listening to Falconer at the moment....hmmm)

I hope it's a tie!