Emperor v. Dark Tranquillity (The Rematch)

Emperor v. Dark Tranquillity (The Rematch)

• Total voters
nafnikufesin said:
I had flipped a coin in the last match. Maybe I should abstain from this one so as not to skew the voting :D

If you hadn't done that It would have been a tie...

Dark Tranquillity. I already explained myself many times. I like DT more, appreciate them more, and can personally connect to their lyrics.

Steve

DT!
music-smiley-021.gif

rahvin said:
i don't see the reasons for a rematch: emperor winning was perfectly regular imo. people don't have to actually post saying who got their vote, and if someone decided to give emperor the winning hand just in the nick of time, this still means they liked emperor more than dark tranquillity.
anyway, it's pretty obvious who i voted for before and now. :rolleyes:

rahvin.

Just a matter of curiosity is all :). I just thought it might be interesting to have a rematch with no time constraints. The BOTB match between these 2 bands was a bewdy! The voting was fast and furious with the lead fluctuating constantly until the 48 hour curfew stopped it in its trax. The points I mentioned were meant to help illustrate how intriguing the poll was (Obviously I wasn't suggesting that people had to "post" in order to validate their vote :lol: Gawd, half the time I don't post either). I'd forgotten to mention Naf's now infamous coin toss which would've caused a tie anyway, had it fallen the other way. And even the Final, which ran for 72 hours, didn't accrue anywhere near as many votes as the Emperor/DT match!
Anywayz, this rematch isn't exactly breaking the sound barrier with its speed, unlike the original match, but once again it's neck & neck all the way.

@ NapalmForLunch...Yep, the Bork/Anthrax match was also a close one with Anthrax getting home by 2 votes too. I was away on holidays and didn't see that one transpire. I guess the main difference between the 2 matches was that Emp/DT attracted 66% more votes in the same time frame.

The time limit served a couple of purposes:

1) Obviously, the were other rounds to move onto. What would have happened if I picked the leader of a close match to move on, but a few days later, the other band had actually moved into the lead?

2) I think the time limit does add a bit more of a sense of "excitement" (and I use that term very loosely) and urgency to the voting process. As you've noted, there have been much fewer votes in the longer poll. Because the poll was shorter, people did what they could to rally the troops.

Also, if anyone is offended by my flipping a coin to decide who I voted for, get a life, uh, I mean, I apologize. Seeing how a created these polls, I wanted to at least vote in all of them, (especially since I was checking the results regularly, and it was annoying when I had to click the "View results" without voting), and I usually made my vote right off the bat, so I wouldn't be casting a tie-breaking vote just before the poll closed. That's probably way more information than anybody wanted to know.

Naf! There's really no need to explain all that mate. I agree totally. I had absolutely no qualms with the logistics, integrity, or any other facet of the BOTB series. If I implied otherwise I can assure you that was not my intention. In fact I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone when I say that the series was a shitload of fun and also, in my case anyway, quite helpful cuz it prompted me to check out some bands I otherwise might not've and subsequently caused me to part with some of my hard-earned on a couple of new CDs :lol:
As far as the coin-flipping thing goes I seriously doubt anyone was the least bit offended. I only mentioned it cuz it had already been brought up by a couple of other people, including yourself ;) . I guess it'd suck if it became a running gag when you weren't the only one who flipped a coin during the series!

Anyway Flipper, oooops I mean Naf :oops: , thanks for donating so much of your time (and your beer as it turned out :) ) to provide us all with a lot of fun over the last few weeks. I for one genuinely appreciated it and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

NeXT.

p.s. I hope you didn't let Opeth drive home.

I like Emperor.. sort of.. but I'd much rather listen to Dark Tranquillity anyday! And they put one a great live show and are very approachable after their set! I don't know about Emperor's live sets, but my vote goes to Dark Tranquility!

Emperor, moving music in directions i find important.