empty-handed

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
Fuck, I came back empty-handed from my mushroom gathering trip once again. Well, not really empty-handed but I only found shitty toads like those :
hyphoto1.jpg

Ok, so the point of this thread is, can anyone give me tips for finding cepes, chanterelles or any cool edible mushrooms ?

Don Corleone said:
yes those duncan mentioned and yours

Hypholome fasciculare are on the pic I posted. Very common toad. It's not toxic, its even edible but you won't be able to swallow a spoon of it because it tastes awfully bitter.

Cepes (boletus) and Chanterelles :

cepe_de_bordeaux1_200x600.jpg

girolle.jpg

Those are among the most yummy mushrooms you can find and they're the ones I'm looking for.

Craterellus cornucopioides (Dunno the English name) is a good option too, I'd like to find some :

trompette2gr.jpg

last spring, I went seeking morels but I found none. It's so rare anyway, but it's said to be the best mushroom since the invention of mushrooms :

morel.jpg

Well the mushy's that send you into a magical world have a small head and feel gooey to touch they also have a thin stem, you have to be careful you dont eat any old shroom though otherwise you could feel a bit :ill:

they look a bit like this, brew them in a pan then add the water to a strong coffee o_O hehehee the good old days :D

magic-mushrooms.jpg