Empyrium.

Reminiscence

Oblique and Nebulous
Nov 1, 2005
Lakewood, CO
I want to buy some. I'm kind of dissuaded by the 30 minutes running time I saw for one of their CDs...are they all so short? Is Weiland the best? Tell me all about Empyrium. I actually listened to this band like 4 years ago and I remember some sweet, serenading acoustic moments.

Songs of Moors and Misty Fields and Where at night the wood grouse Plays are both pretty good albums if you're into folk metal. Neither of them run over more than 45 minutes I'd say. good for people with ADD

Empyrium is probably one of the best bands of the past 20 years. "Weiland" is widely considered there Magnum Opus, but dont expect to hear any metal, its a folk based album first and foremost. Where At Night the Wood Grouse Plays is an all acousitc album, and the first two, A Wintersunset and Songs of Misty Moors and Fields are folk metal. Weiland might be my favorite album of all time, beautiful, dark, majestic. "Songs.." is probably a good place to start.

If you're pressed for money Songs Of Moors..., Where at Night..., and Weiland are all good starting points. I'd probably get A Wintersunset... last, as it's their weakest album.

Weiland sounds like the way to go. I heard some samples and they were pretty. Someone told me it was electronica at school today and I gave him an odd look. Plus, I cannot ignore Sorg's heartfelt rave.

A Trace Of Blood said:
Weiland sounds like the way to go. I heard some samples and they were pretty. Someone told me it was electronica at school today and I gave him an odd look. Plus, I cannot ignore Sorg's heartfelt rave.

yeah? well that guy's an idiot, and probably a homosexual.

No, he's actually a cool guy and knows the most gr1m music out of anyone I personally know. He must have been thinking of another band.