Enemies of Reality

Sanity's End

Mar 28, 2008
WTF? What's up with this record? Nevermore is supposed to be technically mindblowing with intruiging melodies in the package. That' in my world from my experience with their previous records.

Can anyone explain to me wut the h*ll they are doing on EoR??? Can't hear anything because it's all sadly mixed into a wall of murky sounds with no detail in it whatsoever.

Help me out here please someone!

/SE

Someone didn't buy the remaster. I'm a big fan of it.

It sucks that the original is just SO bad.

If it was just a little better, I'd probably prefer it to the remix. There's a rawness to it that you can hear under the mud that is just so brash and urgent. The remix sounds good, but it loses just a little bit of that urgency.

I know there was a lot of stress going on behind the scenes during the recording of that record. You can hear it.

I just wish you could hear it better on that first mix...

I prefer Tomorrow Turned into Yesterday on the original...there are very subtle nuances that are different and make Warrel's voice sound a bit more desperate and pained. Sometimes I put that album on in my car instead of the newer one just for that song.

The original is what got me into Nevermore in the first place. I bought it because it was cheaper than the other ones they had at FYE. The remix came out and I listened to some samples and still haven't felt like buying it. Sneap's production doesn't work too well with the album imo.

I need a *high five* emote

highfive.gif

WTF? What's up with this record? Nevermore is supposed to be technically mindblowing with intruiging melodies in the package. That' in my world from my experience with their previous records.

Can anyone explain to me wut the h*ll they are doing on EoR??? Can't hear anything because it's all sadly mixed into a wall of murky sounds with no detail in it whatsoever.

Help me out here please someone!

/SE

OH H*LL NAW

Enemies isn't my favourite from Nevermore. I always thought it was an inconsistent album overall (musically, not lyrically or vocally), with a few good tracks. I do find myself singing to it alot though, Warrel saves the day with this one.