ENGL E530... cab cable question

zakky

( . Y . )
Mar 24, 2007
GREECE
i have a engl e530 preamp that has a built in power amp, i want to run a cab which has 1 mono input. i know it needs a stereo cable (trs) in the preamp, my question is for the cab, do i use one of the stereo cable ends which is mono to the cab and the other cable end leave unplugged? will this work? any info would be great!

Last edited:
Usually I would suggest contacting the ENGL support however at least in my case I never received a reply. If you leave the other cable unplugged you might short circuit the device and damage it permanently, so I advise against it strongly until you are 110% sure otherwise.

I'd see if your cabinet has a switchable input, as some cabs can be run as mono or stereo using a switch on the back side, where the speakers inputs are split between left and right speakers. If not I'd suggest getting an EH Magnum power-amp which sounds fairly decent for low to mid level volumes and will likely perform better than a 1w poweramp anyways.

Usually I would suggest contacting the ENGL support however at least in my case I never received a reply. If you leave the other cable unplugged you might short circuit the device and damage it permanently, so I advise against it strongly until you are 110% sure otherwise.

I'd see if your cabinet has a switchable input, as some cabs can be run as mono or stereo using a switch on the back side, where the speakers inputs are split between left and right speakers. If not I'd suggest getting an EH Magnum power-amp which sounds fairly decent for low to mid level volumes and will likely perform better than a 1w poweramp anyways.

thanks for the reply! Waiting from engl support...for now i guess impulses will do

I`m just use speaker cable wired to tip and sleeve contacts of TRS jacks, ring contact not soldered.
ENGL E430 have the same built in PA.
Now I`m using better sounding 5W FET PA with my E430.