ENGL Fireball rock mix...

JoshDRAH

Aug 6, 2007
Hey guys, first post here. I've gotten a lot of good tips and info from lurking around this forum for awhile. Here's a piece of a song me and some buddies are doing for our new project. We primarily play death/progressive metal, but have been getting kinda wore out from the cheap ass local scene and venues, so we're gonna try out a more mainstream thing just to see if we gain any success...because I know I'm not going to make any money playing death metal, hahaha. Plus its kinda fun to slow it down a bit with something more mellow.

For this we used an ENGL Fireball miced with a SM57 into my buddies Behringer mixer. We used a Line 6 cab that my buddy uses with his HD147, since it was the only cab we had there at the time. I still think it sounds alright. Guitars are quad tracked and the drums are just various samples I've found looped in Fruity Loops. No bass or vocals yes, as this is just a guitar test.

www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/JoshDRAH/Money.mp3

EDIT: Tried to EQ out some of the overbearing overheads and bump the guitars up a bit.

www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/JoshDRAH/Money2.mp3

nice.. i'm really liking the guitar sound; is it just 4 takes of a 57 in front of the cab? how do you treat them after you recorded them?, do you think you can export the kick and snare samples for me? would be very nice!

nice.. i'm really liking the guitar sound; is it just 4 takes of a 57 in front of the cab? how do you treat them after you recorded them?, do you think you can export the kick and snare samples for me? would be very nice!

Pretty much...Two tracks panned 100/100 have more gain and a tad more bass...and two more that are 50/50 have a little less gain and more trebel.

I did some EQ'ing in Adobe Audition using the graphic EQ and a BBE Sonic Maximizer plugin.

I actually got the kick and snare samples from the Sneap forum FTP. I believe from the folder titled "black neon bob". The kick is the Mnemic kick and the snare is called "Born snare".

ah thanks! let me know when you got bass/vocals for it! i'd love to hear it!

Agreed on the overheads.

Yeah, they're a bit too loud...but I just made the drum track in like 5 minutes, this was more for guitars. I think for the actual recording we're going to actually mic up the drummers kit and see what kind of sound we get.