ENGL Powerball Settings

thanks ! I tried something different yesterday and it's better IMO.

That snare is a mix between a DFHS sample and the real snare which was a 16x6,5 SJC drums brass snare. I used Metric Halo Channelstrip for individual compression on drums, Transient Designers on the room mics, and kick drum is a sample too (not far from the sound we got but the drummer wasn't very consistant).

No pedals. Just behringer racktuner in fx loop.
viewpicture.php

viewpicture.php

viewpicture.php

Blackmore has more crunch but Powerball is tighter.

Can you tune the guitar with that tuner? I bought it and I can't say that I'm satisfied :/ ..

What can I say? I use P-BALL at my studio and it sound amazing. will post some clips soon.. And LSD studio guy looks and sounds a bit unprofessional )) How can a sound engineer say such an unprooved words about equipment he never WAS ABLE to record properly? If you are unable to get a good result it does not mean that this particulat piece of gear is a shit. Get your ass up and hear/watch how people get that amp sound, maybe you will learn smth useful ;)

And LSD studio guy looks and sounds a bit unprofessional )) How can a sound engineer say such an unprooved words about equipment he never WAS ABLE to record properly? If you are unable to get a good result it does not mean that this particulat piece of gear is a shit. Get your ass up and hear/watch how people get that amp sound, maybe you will learn smth useful ;)

Wow...I very rarely resort to saying this, but...

FAIL

Lasse has actually had many opportunities to "properly record" a Powerball, and I trust his judgement when he says he can't get a good tone out of it because I've heard him get a good tone out of plenty of other amps. I've never played a Powerball, but from all the negative stuff I've heard about it from many people whose opinions I trust, I'm starting to think "unprofessional" n00bs are the only ones who DO like it because they don't know any better.

What can I say? I use P-BALL at my studio and it sound amazing. will post some clips soon.. And LSD studio guy looks and sounds a bit unprofessional )) How can a sound engineer say such an unprooved words about equipment he never WAS ABLE to record properly? If you are unable to get a good result it does not mean that this particulat piece of gear is a shit. Get your ass up and hear/watch how people get that amp sound, maybe you will learn smth useful ;)

Wow :OMG: you FAIL at posting on Andy Sneap Forum

Wow...I very rarely resort to saying this, but...

FAIL

Lasse has actually had many opportunities to "properly record" a Powerball, and I trust his judgement when he says he can't get a good tone out of it because I've heard him get a good tone out of plenty of other amps. I've never played a Powerball, but from all the negative stuff I've heard about it from many people whose opinions I trust, I'm starting to think "unprofessional" n00bs are the only ones who DO like it because they don't know any better.

WOW!
Sign me up as an ""unprofessional" n00b" then..

I LOVE the powerball, it's tight and answers perfectly to my guitarplaying. It sounds amazing in the studio aswell! And boosting it doesn't add anything good for my taste.

Ofcourse it's your right to have your own opinion.
:kickass:

WOW!
Sign me up as an ""unprofessional" n00b" then..

I LOVE the powerball, it's tight and answers perfectly to my guitarplaying. It sounds amazing in the studio aswell! And boosting it doesn't add anything good for my taste.

Ofcourse it's your right to have your own opinion.
:kickass:

yo! d'u have clips to lemme hear? i'm really curious

2 Metaltastic
And who do ya call a noob? FOAD! I've heard enough amps and I do have lots of them in my studio, including mark IV, 5150, hertbert & XTC and I SAY that a PBALL is not the last in my list of faves! Every amp is good for its purpose, there are NO BAD AMPS there are BAD EARS and hands!
I do have clips of PBALL from my productions and I will post it soon as I have not much time to mess with it right now

:D

I've been able to record the PB quite often...
and I did manage to coax ok sounds out of it...still in ANY case there was ALWAYS another amp winning the blind-tests.

I never said that it's not possible to get good tones out of the PB, they're just never better than what a Recto, 5150, Krank etc will give you.

the PB is one of the most played (live) and hyped amps atm...everyone and their sister has one, still there are very few good recordings featuring the PB...
don't you think there's a reason for that?

Well, the Powerball has been out for 5 years or so, while 5150s and Rectos have been out for almost 20 years, so naturally more people have had a lot of time to tweak and test different things with them. I'm sure people didn't right away know that combining 5150 & Dual Recto, and using a V30-loaded cabinet was The Way To Do It™©.

Well, the Powerball has been out for 5 years or so, while 5150s and Rectos have been out for almost 20 years, so naturally more people have had a lot of time to tweak and test different things with them.

what about kranks?
Or Randall?
Or Engl Savage?
Or.....

anyway...my point was:
of course you can get decent results from a PB, that doesn't mean that the amp is great.
I've yet to hear a PB-recording w/o post-processing that makes my jaw drop

www.myspace.com/trackmixstudio
Track one in the player (viraetas) is poweball left and 6505 right. Both with ts808 and orange 4x12. I think it is a great combination.
On the powerball, channel 3 gain 10o'clock bass 12 mid 2 treb 2.
The powerball comes to life at high master volume levels where the cab is really working. I drive an API pre a bit on input to add midrange bite.