Enslaved - Vertebrae

This album is amazing. Is it a concept album? Can anyone tell me what it's about or the meaning behind some of the songs?

I just got into Enslaved and they are now one of my favorites! I think I like Vertebrae and RUUN the best, but besides those two I only have Isa which is also great. Which one do you recommend I get next?

Below the Lights is probably their most formidable album... I think they won a Grammy or something for it.

I don't know what to say as to what's my favorite Enslaved album, although it's probably Below the Lights or Mardraum. The only one I don't like is Ruun, which feels a bit plodding and uninteresting. Vertebrae is a good album but I'm not a fan of the production.

Their early stuff is quite good, including their portion of the Emperor / Enslaved split disc.

The new album is also REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY good, probably their best one since Isa (which has my favorite Enslaved song, Return to Yggdrasill).

Vertebrae is huge and Axioma falls hardly shy of that.

Enslaved and the Borkies were the perfect closing (indeed they were the highlights) of Wacken 2009.