Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Blodhemn

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Mardraum: Beyond The Within

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Monumension

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
I voted for Viking ligr veldi, Frost and Monumension cause they are so perfect that i could't choose only one......
Eld and the demo are also ok........... but I didn't like Blodhemn and Mardaum that much.......

"Hordanes Land" and "Vikingligr Veldi"... and thx all who woted for me ;)

Monumension, Blodhemn and Vikingligr Veldi are great..
I like the rest too, but take for instance Mardraum . that album got a bit "boring" IMO after the killer first track...

I've only heard 'Blodhemn', so that's what I went for :lol: I've been meaning to get more Enslaved for ages now....

I like Mardraum too. Though I prefer the older stuff, it's one of those few albums where every single song own me but I don't like the vocals that much.

I haven't listened to all the albums. Anyway:
1. Vikingligr Veldi
2. Frost
3. I'm the only one who likes Yggdrasill woo! :p

Oops. Fuck, that should have been "i don't like the high-pitched vocals that much". I do like them in Mardraum though 'cause it adds to the scary atmosfear (lol coz Mardraum means Nightmare - OMG WITTEY).

I never said I don't like Grutle anyway. He's such a dreamy viking wit a voice liek Odin ^_^

I really like Eld and Frost, but I'm not sure what to think of the new direction the band has taken. I prefer Viking atmoshpere over the weird cyber-viking-prog of the recent releases. Also Enslaved has been touring like hell for the last year, but always as support act for obscure american death metal bands. This is worrying.

I've only been following them since early 2000, when Blodhemn was the latest album. I got the two albums after that when they came out, but I don't have anything before Blodhemn, because I'd have to order the that stuff :p
Monumension is my favourite...I bought it the day it was released and listened to it constantly for some weeks. But then it got kinda boring...I almost know every note of that album :)

I like the rest too, but take for instance Mardraum . that album got a bit "boring" IMO after the killer first track...
I wouldn't say it gets boring after the first song (which is one of their best ever), but after about the first half of the album all songs seem to sound alike...it's just total grinding noise and the songs seem to go nowhere...it's a strain to listen through all that from the beginning to the end. Blodhemn may be totally agressive too, but the songs on that album are at least structured in some way ;)

I heard they've already booked the studio for the next recording...I can't await that one!

P.S.: what did you think of the last track on Monumension (which is no Enslaved track, but features (an) Enslaved member(s))? It may be the only tr00 form of viking metal :lol: IMO that band should release a full album, I like that stuff....

P.S.: what did you think of the last track on Monumension (which is no Enslaved track, but features (an) Enslaved member(s))? It may be the only tr00 form of viking metal IMO that band should release a full album, I like that stuff....

They also have a song like that in "Frost" album....... the track is called "Yggdrasil" but also the albums Viking ligr veldi, Frost and Eld are "viking metal"!!!!!!!!!
meaning that it's black metal with folk influences..... like a black metal version of HOV to make you understand what I mean......
Check those albums they are really great!

Wether or not I've not listened "enough" to Mardraum is rather difficult to answer.. I still am not "finished" with that album, though I bought it when it first came out.. And to let me rephrase, or rather alter my first statment a bit.. The rest of the album is a bit boring compared to the immense "Større Enn Tid, Tyngre Enn Natt".
This doesn't exactly mean I don't like the rest of the album IMO..
It certainly has one of the best guitar sounds I've ever heard, with its "nearly out of tune" guitars..
Btw, if you like Hov, you could try out YM-stammen also, (which one of them guys in Hov are from..)..

I vote ELD, but Hordanes Land was my first and also a favorite.
I have ancester's from Hordaland so the first song on Eld was easy to relate to.

Most memorable line-Sverdslag knuste kristmanns skalle
"Strokes of the sword crushed the skull of the cristian"